Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Cool? I just think to say the DCEU is on fire when the legs for all 3 of the previous were pretty awful and WW hasn't happened yet is a stretch but again it's subjective. 

If we include all dvd sales, merch, etc. DC is doing real good. SS made same profit as civil war(dhd). Man of steel profit were less but bvs did good again. This is much better than beginning of any other franchise.

• Like 3

Just now, a2knet said:

Do u think 50 is a bold enough number. I don't want it to be one-sided.

(55 is too optimistic. Will go with 52.)

$55M if it does $103M-$105M as expected. $52.5M seems fair.

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Alien: Covfefe would have opened to 100M+.

Imagine which country doesn't have Wonder Woman as their number 1 movie at the box office, buddy? :sparta:

• Like 1

Just now, damnitgeorge08 said:

If we include all dvd sales, merch, etc. DC is doing real good. SS made same profit as civil war(dhd). Man of steel profit were less but bvs did good again. This is much better than beginning of any other franchise.

Let's be real about this... WW is their first "good" film, so it's a step in the right direction but your momentum as a studio is only as good as your next project so lets see JL before we declare this "on fire" or a massive success etc. 

12 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

That's a huge Sunday drop then, I don't really get it given how strong Saturday was. NBA finals tonight but that's it. 

Under-promise and over-deliver. WB is giving themselves a good chance to do that in this case. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Let's be real about this... WW is their first "good" film, so it's a step in the right direction but your momentum as a studio is only as good as your next project so lets see JL before we declare this "on fire" or a massive success etc. 

Well, my point was for until now. 

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

That's why TA did insane money, because the previous installments (for the most part) were all well recieved. JL doesn't have that same goodwill and it's why no one has crazy big numbers for it. 

not really

Thor and CA and Iron Man 2 all had average legs. They weren't disliked or anything but people didn't go crazy over them

only the first Iron Man was extremely loved

the concept of The Avengers alone helped power it to those numbers

• Like 4

Had WW been as bad as BVS/SS, I'd say sub $300M/$800M would happen for JL. Although WW helped JL's potential, it still has to overcome the negative reception of BVS and SS. Thinking $155M/$400M/$1B.

Just now, John Marston said:

not really

Thor and CA and Iron Man 2 all had average legs. They weren't disliked or anything but people didn't go crazy over them

only the first Iron Man was extremely loved

the concept of The Avengers alone helped power it to those numbers

Want to compare audience scores? All of their first installments were better recieved than MoS, BvS, & SS. Maybe not in terms of BO but in terms of quality yes, they didn't have a single rotten film. 

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Imagine which country doesn't have Wonder Woman as their number 1 movie at the box office, buddy? :sparta:

SON OF A BITCH (not you, the box office), I CONTRIBUTED TO THE BOX OFFICE ON OPENING NIGHT.

Come to think about it, I did the same for Guardians V2, and it wasn't #1 either....

I am Portugal's @That One Guy:sadben:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

That's why TA did insane money, because the previous installments (for the most part) were all well recieved. JL doesn't have that same goodwill and it's why no one has crazy big numbers for it. 

That's easy to say now. But at the time people were not predicting big numbers for avengers. "It's iron man 3, ca and thor disappointed". 

In coming weeks people started to say it could do 130 ow.

Week before release, most sites started comparing it to hunger games 150 ow. 

And than that week started, and went from #notaevent to destroying the ow record.

• Like 2