Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Just now, TalismanRing said:

It's not.  It's like people trying to say RDJ didn't help make Sherlock Holmes blockbusters - as if all the numerous previous SH movies were doing $500-600m ww

Or that DiCaprio didn't greatly help make The Great Gatsby big because everyone and their great grandmother has read the book.

Sherlock Holmes wasn't a very easy sell though to a modern and domestic audience. I think Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Alice would have been successful with anyone in those roles. Not as successful, so Depp still had some pull, but I don't think it was as attributed to something like SH for RDJ or any of Leo's recent films. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Brie can sing? Didn't know that. Really cool. Felt like she was playing herself in Kong when she was joking around with Tom. Bet she's like that in real life.

Anyone can sing; she doesn't do it well. This song just sounded like garbage.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Johnny Depp was definitely huge 10 years ago. It's a shame that he's in such a shitty position right now between his flops and that he's probably a wife beater.

And he doesn't know how to spend his money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ban1o said:

lol no SS sequel will not open to 100 million. 

If Harley Quinn is in it....I wouldn't doubt it. She's kind of like Deadpool in how she crossed into the mainstream. The kids that like her don't care about the quality of the movie.

Now a Deadshot movie, or someone else? Nah

• Like 1

1 minute ago, franfar said:

Anyone can sing; she doesn't do it well. This song just sounded like garbage.

Can't be worse then Katy Perry - Swish Swish.....but I'm not going to listen to find out. Thanks for the warning lol

2 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Gitesh is now in a no win situation he'll be hated for being right or mocked for being wrong lol

I don't think people will hate him if he's right. They might be disappointed but numbers are numbers. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DealWithIt said:

The numbers are not going down from nearly $39 million down to $33 million in a half hour span. 

i say the same thing. why in the hell would deadline update their numbers from before if those were in fact the more accurate ones.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

tbf i just remembered Brie's scott pilgrim song, which was fire.

I should really give Scott Pilgrim another chance. I turned it off after about 20 minutes because it was dinner (I think) and I wasn't too engaged by it, and I had watched SOTD and Hot Fuzz beforehand (not the same day but y'know). I'm not sure my dick I can handle seeing MEW, Brie, Anna Kendrick, and Aubrey Plaza in the same movie :ohmygod: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Keep in mind Depp got his last Oscar nomination 9 years ago. It really doesn't feel like that long ago when he was on top of Hollywood.

Here's a more proper to say it: He's falling down quickly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

If Harley Quinn is in it....I wouldn't doubt it. She's kind of like Deadpool in how she crossed into the mainstream. The kids that like her don't care about the quality of the movie.

Now a Deadshot movie, or someone else? Nah

Will be interesting to see what they do, because besides a possible SS2, you also have the potential Gotham City Sirens film featuring Quinn, Ivy & Catwoman

... and if I'M WB ... THAT is the movie I want to push first because I get Margot Robbie's Quinn and don't need the baggage of the rest of the crew ... and can put forth some exciting new casting choices for the other women.

... and maybe lead into Batgirl stuff.

• Like 2