This Means War

15 members have voted

1. 1. Grade This Means War

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The problem with this film is that Chris Pine's character is an absolute ass in here and yet he's the one who ends up with the girl. Who wrote this script? Reese was also shallow and a little unlikable in the film. The two male leads are good but they have a lot to over come with the bad script.5/10

• Like 1

The problem with this film is that Chris Pine's character is an absolute ass in here and yet he's the one who ends up with the girl. Who wrote this script? Reese was also shallow and a little unlikable in the film. The two male leads are good but they have a lot to over come with the bad script.

5/10

Simon Kinberg

That guy is more miss than hit. He wrote the screenplays for X3, Sherlock Holmes

Fox already hired him to do XMFC 2

Edited by ECSTASY

The problem with this film is that Chris Pine's character is an absolute ass in here and yet he's the one who ends up with the girl. Who wrote this script? Reese was also shallow and a little unlikable in the film. The two male leads are good but they have a lot to over come with the bad script.5/10

I was never going to watch it but I was mildly curious to know if one of them would actually get the girl. Not too surprised to hear it's the chiseled American.

I was never going to watch it but I was mildly curious to know if one of them would actually get the girl. Not too surprised to hear it's the chiseled American.

It's the strangest thing as it goes against the grain for most romance films. Usually it's the nice guy who gets the girl at the end. In this one, Pine is a womanizer, he flaunts his money and is generally an unlikable character. The fact that she ends up with him, or even has any interest in him at all is a real stretch. His antics to get her to like him are paper thin. He adopts a dog from a shelter and really has no interest in dogs, he seems to know a lot about painters and yet screws that up too. Her reasoning for choosing him are never really explained. And this disappointed me big time.

I gave it a C. I loved the comedy in this movie, the two guys and the best friend. I did not like Reese, (never really did, she was miscast in this) and I don't think the girl should have picked any of the guys.And one thing had me scratching my head. When she was talking about the flaws of the guys, she picked Tuck's flaw because of the whole British thing. What does that mean??????

• Like 2

I loved this. It was really funny and the action was pretty good. I thought the 3 leads were great. When Lauren told her friend that Tuck was safe and her friend responded about being boring I figured she'd end up picking FDR, regardless of her statement that she had soooo much fun when she was with Tuck. If a woman gets it in her mind that you're boring, whether it's true or not, you're pretty much toast (See Tuck's ex once she realized he wasn't a boring travel agent). And then when she had sex with FDR, I knew it would be him. This film wasn't going to let her go through with the sex tiebreaker. She's supposed to be a good girl at heart. That's why it loses points.

A

I loved it. Well everything except the storyline with them actually doing their spy work. That was unnecessary. I wish after the botched mission they were put on desk duty for the whole movie or suspended and the whole brother coming for revenge had been left out entirely. Now as a pure romantic comedy it would have been near perfect. Tom Hardy is so attractive and Chris Pine is ok I guess. Of course anyone in their right mind would have picked Tom Hardy. Idc how great the sex with Chris Pine was. And Tom also had the better personality and was the better match for her but whatever. What I would give to have Reese problems in this movie. I was a little on the fence about the dating two men without telling them. I feel sure the proper protocol is to tell a guy you're also seeing someone else casually. I know it can be argued until someone's officially your boyfriend you don't have to tell them shit but still, things like that come back to bite you. Surprisingly I found Chelsea Handler's character a good counterbalance for Reese and really funny. That would be the first time i've found her funny in anything.But the second best thing about the movie behind Tom was Reese's wardrobe. I loved everything. Except the black romper/wedge combo. I think she's a little too old for that one.

For the most part I enjoyed it. It's not terribly memorable but surprisingly despite what these guys did (ya know, spying on this woman), I still liked 'em both. I also liked that they didn't overdo it with the B-storyline with the GBG (Generic Bad Guy) and left the focus on the love triangle and quickly wrapped it up with an OK, albeit anti-climatic, finale. It's not something I'll revisit but it's light-hearted, the jokes worked fairly well and Reese Witherspoon shows she still has that girl next door charm.

***½/*****, (B, 6.8/10, 2.75/4)

I liked it but she pick the wrong guy. Hardy is way better looking and his character had the better personality. I have no idea why she picked Pine he not that good looking and he is a dick. How is British a bad thing? British is an extra points. The script is pretty bad but I thought Hardy and Pine did do a good job.6/10

• Like 1

I watched most of this on the plane last week.. Granted it was on tiny TV's and bad quality but the movie was very "meh", borderline shitty. The leads have zero chemistry with each other and I stopped watching towards the end because I just didn't care how it turned out.4/10

Good no need to watch the end.

And one thing had me scratching my head. When she was talking about the flaws of the guys, she picked Tuck's flaw because of the whole British thing. What does that mean??????

I think this is a reference to the vast majority of British men being uncircumsized, that was the way I took it.

I found it completely unbelievable that two hot young guys would fight over Reece Witherspoon - especially when her character is so generic and boring. I also found it unbelievable that any woman would choose Chris Pine's douche character over Tom Hardy's nice guy character??!!!??Despite that I quite enjoyed the film I would give it 6/10, but upping it to 7/10 cause Tom Hardy was delicious and sexy all the way through it.B