ZeeSoh

Wednesday Numbers : WW : 9.4

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I'm talking about the film itself though. 

For a good part of the world audience, the only contact they ever had with Wonder Woman is that movie, they never read one of her comic in their life, didn't saw the show, WW movie is Wonder Woman, Gal Gadot is WW. The distinction will not be that clear about the 2, if WW stay relevant that movie will stay relevant in some sort.

None of the star wars/indiana jones movie will be forgotten soon, has bad has some were, they will be sold in collectible pack for a long time, being an entry of a legendary director or being in a giant franchise make it hard for a giant movie to disappear, pretty much all the live action big budget Batman are still well remembered decade laters (for being bad or good). All the MCU entry post Hulk are well remembered, nearly a decade later for some, they all still play in theater before any new avengers type release.

I doubt that around Captain Marvel release that we will see no talk of WW because people will not remember that movie by then, same for when Wonder Woman 2 will start is marketing.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Nevermind the fact CBMs normally don't make our top 10s outside of one film, and Logan is locked to be in the Top 10.

Wait, are we talking about the same top 10?

I thought you meant top 10 films in the domestic box office of the year.

Does boxofficetheory host a top 10 fav films of the year or something?

Edited by UNDERDOG

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Films released so far that have a chance of appearing on our top 25 list (just for fun)

Get Out- probably top ten

Logan- probably top ten

Wonder Woman- 20-11 most likely

Split- 20-11 most likely

Those four are pretty much guaranteed.

Maybes:

Lego Batman

John. Wick 2

Beauty and the Beast

Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2

Did I miss anything?

GOTG isn't missing.

Just now, UNDERDOG said:

Wait, are we talking about the same top 10?

I thought you meant top 10 domestic of the year.

Does boxofficetheory host a top 10 fav films of the year or something?

The forum's annual Top 25 list.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Han you're smoking some heavy shit if if you think Guardians is making the top ten. Its more likely to miss the list

You haven't even seen it :redcapes: Top 10 might not happen, but I'd bet good money on it being in the Top 15. It improves with rewatches. 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 3

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

GOTG isn't missing.

The forum's annual Top 25 list.

GotG isn't more popular on here than Civil War was. Civil War didn't make the top 20. I suspect it'll be in. But it could miss

Just now, God Emperor Tele said:

I like that poster. 

It's not inherently bad, but it's heavily photoshopped :lol: 

Just now, UNDERDOG said:

Ah, ok.

Well then, if WW won't be in it, neither will Alien Covenant.

I'm petty like that.

Where did I saw WW was missing the list?

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

GotG isn't more popular on here than Civil War was. Civil War didn't make the top 20. I suspect it'll be in. But it could miss

It's not more popular because people are more lax about it in the fanboy wars since it isn't in the main MCU story yet. Most people on here will say it's better than CW.

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

For a good part of the world audience, the only contact they ever had with Wonder Woman is that movie, they never read one of her comic in their life, didn't saw the show, WW movie is Wonder Woman, Gal Gadot is WW. The distinction will not be that clear about the 2, if WW stay relevant that movie will stay relevant in some sort.

None of the star wars/indiana jones movie will be forgotten soon, has bad has some were, they will be sold in collectible pack for a long time, being an entry of a legendary director or being in a giant franchise make it hard for a giant movie to disappear, pretty much all the live action big budget Batman are still well remembered decade laters (for being bad or good). All the MCU entry post Hulk are well remembered, nearly a decade later for some, they all still play in theater before any new avengers type release.

I doubt that around Captain Marvel release that we will see no talk of WW because people will not remember that movie by then, same for when Wonder Woman 2 will start is marketing.

I don't think we are talking about the same thing. Wonder Woman has the pleasure of being a part of a franchise so of course she's going to be talked about in the future. For example, how many folks talk about Logan the way they do when it was released? How many folks talk about GOTG2 the way it was released? Folks just move onto the next big thing...until the next big thing comes out. Wonder Woman will be forgotten about until she becomes the next big thing once more. 

Star Wars and Indiana Jones had the pleasure of coming out during a time when society wasn't so quick to just let things go and move onto the next big thing. There's a huge difference between the way society was then and how it is now. 

I wasnt knocking Wonder Woman or Belle in my original post. In fact, I was more attacking how society's attention span is so small that they just jump from one thing to another extremely quickly. That wasn't the case 15-30 years ago. Or maybe it was. And I was just too young to notice. 

Edited by Nova

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Nevermind the fact CBMs normally don't make our top 10s outside of one film, and Logan is locked to be in the Top 10.

I'd disagree, 2014 we even nominated two of them for BP at the BOFFYS.

And 2012 (both times) TDKR even topped the list.

Theres always at least one comic book movie that makes the list (besides maybe 2015, which didn't even really have a single decent one)

• Like 1

Just now, The Mummified Panda said:

I'd disagree, 2014 we even nominated two of them for BP at the BOFFYS.

And 2012 (both times) TDKR even topped the list.

Theres always at least one comic book movie that makes the list (besides maybe 2015, which didn't even really have a single decent one)

Which is pretty much what I said :lol: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's not inherently bad, but it's heavily photoshopped :lol: 

Where did I saw WW was missing the list?

You said you wouldn't be surprised if it didn't end up on the list.

Not saying it won't, of course.

Lego Batman doesn't have a good enough response on here to make the list (and it doesn't help it will have been released a year before the list), and Captain Underpants won't be seen by enough people to make it.

Just now, UNDERDOG said:

You said you wouldn't be surprised if it didn't end up on the list.

Not saying it won't, of course.

I said I wouldn't be surprised if reception lessened, not that it wouldn't make the list.