ZeeSoh

Wednesday Numbers : WW : 9.4

Expected number. It doesn't change anything. There are still the same chances for this to drop less than 50%.

Friday could very well increase 80% like First Class.

Anyways, I am sticking with my 49M prediction

Edited by stripe

21 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Yes but a lot of people here are expecting 3x to 3.3x legs as opposed to Guardians 2.6x. That wont happen if its holds are only slightly better than Guardians. WW also has schools and colleges out, an advantage that guardians did not have. So if it has to achieve significantly higher legs than gotg2 then it needs to hold a a lot better too.

I still expect a 3+ multiplier. I see this finishing right around $310M to $315M DOM.

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I remember the headache the reactions to  BaTB's first WED drop caused. "NO WAY THIS HITS 500M" "450M AT MOST" "THE BEAST DEVOURED BELLE" "BELLE IS NOT THAT BEAUTIFUL"...3 months later it is one of the most celebrated films in years and has grossed 500M DOM (and it's a musical)...

Reception wise? No.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I remember the headache the reactions to  BaTB's first WED drop caused. "NO WAY THIS HITS 500M" "450M AT MOST" "THE BEAST DEVOURED BELLE" "BELLE IS NOT THAT BEAUTIFUL"...3 months later it is one of the most celebrated films in years and has grossed 500M DOM (and it's a musical)...

You criticize WED overreactions... :bravo:

but then... :thinking:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Reception wise? No.

YES critics did not love it.But it was still good.I'm mostly talking about the audience reception and there is not doubt in my mind that it was great.

1 minute ago, stripe said:

You criticize WED overreactions... :bravo:

but then... :thinking:

And to continue my point above...GA loved BaTB.I rember seeing girls dressed in the Belle gown,people singing the sings,huge online buzz even AFTER its release and fantastic holds throughout its run.I mean it's a full-on live-action musical that grossed 500m domestically and 1.25B worldwide.

Box office gross=/=reception and quality. I'm not doubting that the majority of the people who saw BATB liked it, but to say it's one of the most acclaimed films of the past few years is laughable.

• Like 3

Example: Get Out had fucking amazing legs because of its reception and concept and is generally regarded as the best horror film in years. BATB was a big movie because it was something many people are nostalgic about and an event film, not because it was great.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 6

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Haven't Thursday drops been muted as of late? I see Wonder Woman doing something just under $9M today.

Depends on the film. Everything held like shit last Thursday because of WW. I can see it dropping anywhere from 5-10% today.