ZeeSoh

Wednesday Numbers : WW : 9.4

Frozen is the one Disney Revival film I have on DVD (and one of two overall, Lion King). It's one of those movies where I recognize it isn't great, but Elsa is one of those characters I had an electric connection with. Her characterization and storyline were enthralling like few others have been to me, and I like the back plot of Hans trying to usurp the throne.

That damn snowman though. I also expect Frozen 2 to slump hard (280 Dom/800 WW).

Edited by ChiSoxRox
  • Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Someone said it in this thread

Oh, I missed. Well, I'm with you, Ethan. It's a well received blockbuster. We've had a handful of those superhero genre this year and, honestly, will like have a handful more in the genre over the next year. This isn't Dark Knight or Avengers where people pretty much lost their shit. I'd say the reception's more comparable to Iron Man, Guardians Vol. 1, Winter Soldier, which is to say very, very good.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, commonsense88 said:

If it follows MOS exactly keep in mind WW has a stronger family a female appeal. 

9.4 wed

8.5 Thurs (-10)

15.2 Fri (+79%)

19.6 Sat (+29%)

15.1 Sun (-23%)

49.9 mil weekend, I think 50 mil is very likely 

MOS dropped 22% on Thur

8 minutes ago, BeastByTheBay said:

Great number since it was Weds and had to compete with the NBA

Compete with the NHL tonight though...:ph34r:

Time for the Pens to put the Predators back in their place... Knock 'em down a peg. I get nervous during these games so I'm purposely missing the first half to watch It Comes At Night.

stanley_cup_final_jake_guentzel_goal_ap_

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChiSoxRox said:

I also expect Frozen 2 to slump hard (280 Dom/800 WW).

I highly doubt this. Frozen was and still is a cultural phenomenon, and such a drop would be unprecedented. It should easily open over $100 million, and holiday legs will carry it well over $400 million. WW, it might not match the original but should still pass $1 billion with ease thanks to Japan.

15 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Someone said it in this thread

They were talking about BatB, not WW. WW is not even a week old. Too early to be categorized as anything.

Edited by catlover

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I mean the NBA finals have been over since before they started. If someone wants to see a movie I don't see why they'd have a problem missing a game unless a die hard Warriors or Cave fan

Warriors are just freakishly stacked with 4 of the top 8 or 9 players in the league and a cast of outstanding role players. That said, with Leonard and Parker, I think the Spurs push them to 6 or 7 games. Both injuries were devastating. It appears the Spurs, even without Parker, were a better team than Cleveland. Better role players, better coached and better defensively. Leonard might be the best player in the league within a year or two. His ascension has been nuts.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

MOS dropped 22% on Thur

It also wasn't on the NBA finals, weeklies behaved much differently in 2013 due to how big Tuesday's have gotten, it had poor reception, had a different demo than WW and it had much stronger Thursday preview competition.

5-10% Thursday drop sounds reasonable.

Also, on a side note, its being received very well amoung the women demos.  I could see it pulling stronger than expected holds.

8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I mean the NBA finals have been over since before they started. If someone wants to see a movie I don't see why they'd have a problem missing a game unless a die hard Warriors or Cave fan

I agree. I do wonder with Friday being a clinching game if it could impact box office. But, the impact is negligible. This isn't the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Box office gross=/=reception and quality. I'm not doubting that the majority of the people who saw BATB liked it, but to say it's one of the most acclaimed films of the past few years is laughable.

I think it would be fair to assume that someone is saying something different by celebrated than acclaimed.

There is an argument to be made that it was vastly celebrated by the general audience:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_MTV_Movie_%26_TV_Awards

But yeah it was not an acclaimed movie.

Just now, The Mummified Panda said:

It also wasn't on the NBA finals, weeklies behaved much differently in 2013 due to how big Tuesday's have gotten, it had poor reception, had a different demo than WW and it had much stronger Thursday preview competition.

5-10% Thursday drop sounds reasonable.

Also, on a side note, its being received very well amoung the women demos.  I could see it pulling stronger than expected holds.

While I don't disagree, the drops and increases this week have played essentially exactly as expected. So far, it's not doing so. An expected drop today would be between 5% and 10%. That's where it will fall. Just like 35%+ Tuesday to Wednesday dip was expected.

7 minutes ago, catlover said:

They were talking about BatB, not WW. WW is not even a week old. Too early to be categorized as anything.

Oh well. That's even more of a joke. BatB is already out of the public conscious

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Oh well. That's even more of a joke. BatB is already out of the public conscious

?

It is the best seller on Amazon right now:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-DVD/zgbs/movies-tv/2958934011

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Blu-ray/zgbs/movies-tv/2958935011

Would not surprised if it end up very high at the end of the year too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

?

It is the best seller on Amazon right now:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-DVD/zgbs/movies-tv/2958934011

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Blu-ray/zgbs/movies-tv/2958935011

Would not surprised if it end up very high at the end of the year too.

*shrug * maybe I'm biased because it's a shitty movie