ZeeSoh

Wednesday Numbers : WW : 9.4

21 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

ERC saying 9.3

Actuals have been slightly lower than the first estimates for every weekday this week. So I wouldn't be surprised to see the number dip a bit when The-Numbers/Mojo post the real figure. 

Expected drop. People are just again getting carried away with their overpredictions. There's a small chance that WW manages a sub-50% drop this weekend, but it's quite unlikely. 52-55% seems like the most probable range, which would be very good.  

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I remember the headache the reactions to  BaTB's first WED drop caused. "NO WAY THIS HITS 500M" "450M AT MOST" "THE BEAST DEVOURED BELLE" "BELLE IS NOT THAT BEAUTIFUL"...3 months later it is one of the most celebrated films in years and has grossed 500M DOM (and it's a musical)...

Its box office run is one of the most celebrated in years.

Now, artistically speaking... :kitschjob:

14 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yeah. I love Wonder Woman. But one of the most celebrated films in years? No

That's for the Gravitys, The Frozens, The Avatars of the world

Okay, that's an interesting list for more celebrated...I think I'd disagree with all of them...but I also think WW is not the best movie ever made:)...I'd just pick better options above it!:)

EDIT: Now, none of those movies are bad, but that list also doesn't contain an A or A+ movie...you posted mostly A-/B+ movies:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

5 minutes ago, The Mummified Panda said:

Lol people always overreact when we get Wednesday numbers.  Especially given the NBA Finals also being yesterday.

Cleveland stayed in front long enough for people to not turn the shit off and go see Wonder Woman instead :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Okay, that's an interesting list for more celebrated...I think I'd disagree with all of them...but I also think WW is not the best movie ever made:)...I'd just pick better options above it!:)

Considering the legs and public response to those movies I don't think you can deny that they were celebrated massively by the GA at least at the time of release. Whether the public has turned on them now is another story

• Like 1

Those weren't my favorite movies just celebrated from a public perspective (though i certainly enjoy all three of those).

My favorite movie in the past few years is American Honey and grand total of no one has seen that :lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Considering the legs and public response to those movies I don't think you can deny that they were celebrated massively by the GA at least at the time of release. Whether the public has turned on them now is another story

Well, you pick better options...

For example, Toy Story > Frozen critically and GA (it won its BO year in 1995 and got 100% RT) - that's an A+ movie (and it was - Frozen was B+ - I saw it before it was cool to see it OW, and I was shocked at how it broke out b/c it wasn't THAT great - it's what taught me that being good is all it takes to be great at box office:).

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Well, you pick better options...

For example, Toy Story > Frozen critically and GA (it won its BO year in 1995 and got 100% RT) - that's an A+ movie (and it was - Frozen was B+ - I saw it before it was cool to see it OW, and I was shocked at how it broke out b/c it wasn't THAT great - it's what taught me that being good is all it takes to be great at box office:).

Well I was trying to stick more recent than that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

A drop of 53-55% is highly respectable for a summer film, even more so a comic book summer film.

I agree - this is what I was thinking as well. Even with the 35% Wednesday drop, people's projections in this thread are still showing between a ~52-55% drop this weekend to about $46-50 million. That would be a genuinely strong drop for a $100+ million opening CBM in June, I would think.

Peace,

Mike