kayumanggi

DEADPOOL II | 461.2 M overseas ● 785.8 M worldwide

5 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

From what I could find Dp1 did 29 total in local currency and DP2 is heading towards 43 OW based on what is being reported so far (6.3m usd). So thats 48.27% more than DP1’s entire run which is nearly 50%. Even using current ER for both numbers the jump is nearly 46.5% in USD. However based on ER in 2016 the jump could have been close to 42% but I dont have the numbers with me right now. 

As for its legs in India, they wont be that great considering it fell on Saturday despite Friday not being anywhere close to being full or very high occupancy like IW. Besides legs in India are generally short anyways. 

Solo is a non factor here in India when it comes to affecting DP2’s legs. TLJ only did 2.5m USD and I suspect Solo will do even less. And by the time JW2 opens in India, DP2’s run will be almost over anyways. 

DP2 has already overperformed. So it doesn't matter where it goes from here.

That being said, $10M is almost a lock. Should finish with 11M or so (would have been 12M if the exchange rate hadn't gone to the toilet during the last month). Pretty good for an "Adults only" film, I would say.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

From what I could find Dp1 did 29 total in local currency and DP2 is heading towards 43 OW based on what is being reported so far (6.3m usd). So thats 48.27% more than DP1’s entire run which is nearly 50%. Even using current ER for both numbers the jump is nearly 46.5% in USD. However based on ER in 2016 the jump could have been close to 42% but I dont have the numbers with me right now. 

As for its legs in India, they wont be that great considering it fell on Saturday despite Friday not being anywhere close to being full or very high occupancy like IW. Besides legs in India are generally short anyways. 

Solo is a non factor here in India when it comes to affecting DP2’s legs. TLJ only did 2.5m USD and I suspect Solo will do even less. And by the time JW2 opens in India, DP2’s run will be almost over anyways. 

Oops, sorry I misread the comment. I thought you were referring to OS overall, not India specifically. My comment is referring to OS overall.

10 hours ago, LeoC said:

It opened this week in Vietnam, HK, and Mexico. Japan is the only market in which DP2 is yet to be released.

In that case, $500M may not happen. With a slightly higher OS total and slightly lower NA total, you might as well toss a coin as to whether DP2 will top DP WW.

3 hours ago, Rthanos said:

You only be looking around 60m OS WE probably not much between Solo & DP2, DP2 could be #1 WE.. See when estimates come out

So this indicates around 60M weekend for DP2. A bit of a steep drop but understandable (even with Solo flopping, it still took away screens)

assuming at least 60M weekend, then OS total minus Wed/Thu is ~$270M.

OS total up to Sun could be very close to $300M, how close is depending on how Wed+Thu did

On 21/05/2018 at 2:11 AM, Quigley said:

Oops, sorry I misread the comment. I thought you were referring to OS overall, not India specifically. My comment is referring to OS overall.

In that case, $500M may not happen. With a slightly higher OS total and slightly lower NA total, you might as well toss a coin as to whether DP2 will top DP WW.

On 21/05/2018 at 5:00 AM, Hades said:

Making 700 mil plus despite no China and being Sandwiched by Avengers , Starwars, Jurassic World 2 is very impressive. Deadpool taking on the big guns.

On 23/05/2018 at 8:32 PM, Fake said:

205.96M after Tuesday.

So 31M for Mon-Tue.

Needs to drop sub-60% this weekend to stay on course for 400M.

So there is a chance it could hit 400 million internationally?

-67% from 174M of last weekend. Harsh drop. 

2x this weekend gonna bring it real close to 400M OS. But then FK is coming earlier in the OS markets so 380M-390M more likely.

Don't forget that a lot of countries opened before their traditional opening days (some even on Tuesday), so the drop was bound to be bigger than usual. Still though, to reach $400M it will need 45% drops from now, assuming Japan makes about $15M or so.

Might perform just like X-Men Apocalypse and Logan did overseas ( 388 and 392 million ). I would give it a possible 630-650 million worldwide.

The only difference is that these ones were both released in China, unlike Deadpool 2. By the way, how the hell Logan got released in China and Deadpool didn't?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

This under Logan is likely

How lol? 

Assuming a 270M Dom (it just had a 42M weekend, so adding only 50M more is really the low end) then it needs 350M OS. Meaning 70M more off of 57M OS weekend, with Japan to come. 

• Like 1