kayumanggi

DEADPOOL II | 461.2 M overseas ● 785.8 M worldwide

So far, per Rth, ODs in Australia, New Zealand and UK look to be on par to minimal decrease from Deadpool.

Increase in South Korea and Italy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Opening Day in France (in tickets) :

X-Men – L’affrontement final : 331 000
X-Men 2 : 310 592
Deadpool : 285 711
X-Men – Days of Future Past : 248 522
Wolverine – Le Combat de l’immortel : 236 127

DEADPOOL 2 : 216 242

X-Men : 195 792
X-Men Origins – Wolverine : 177 184
Logan : 172 409
X-Men – Apocalypse : 163 303
X-Men – Le Commencement : 150 541

http://lestoilesheroiques.fr/2018/05/deadpool-2-box-office-france-usa-etats-unis-monde.html

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, LTHeroiques said:

Opening Day in France (in tickets) :

X-Men – L’affrontement final : 331 000
X-Men 2 : 310 592
Deadpool : 285 711
X-Men – Days of Future Past : 248 522
Wolverine – Le Combat de l’immortel : 236 127

DEADPOOL 2 : 216 242

X-Men : 195 792
X-Men Origins – Wolverine : 177 184
Logan : 172 409
X-Men – Apocalypse : 163 303
X-Men – Le Commencement : 150 541

http://lestoilesheroiques.fr/2018/05/deadpool-2-box-office-france-usa-etats-unis-monde.html

Substantially lower than Deadpool 1,how come ?

22 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

What day of the week did the first one open on?

Allocine says on February, the 10th, also a Wednesday. 

With this OD Cine-directors.net predicts for Deadpool 2 a first week with 1.2M admissions, the first movie had 1.284.178 from 10.-14.2. (insidekino.de) and 1.576M (Cine-directors.net) in seven days. So that would indeed mean a slight decrease this time.

For A: IW the prediction from Cine-directors is 500k from 16.-22.5. which would be a minus of (only) 35% and a total of around 4.9M admissions.

Edited by el sid
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, el sid said:

Allocine says on February, the 10th, also a Wednesday. 

With this OD Cine-directors.net predicts for Deadpool 2 a first week with 1.2M admissions, the first movie had 1.284.178 from 10.-14.2. (insidekino.de) and 1.576M (Cine-directors.net) in seven days. So that would indeed mean a slight decrease this time.

For A: IW the prediction from Cine-directors is 500k from 16.-22.5. which would be a minus of (only) 35% and a total of around 4.9M admissions.

6.5% decrease in admissions for dp1 in the 1st week. how does that convert to gross though?

Deadpool 2 Opens Very Well - Fourth Best In 2018

Deadpool 2 has opened very well with occupancy in the 35-40% range in the early shows. The film has an adult certification but has still started very strongly. The opening is much better than last weeks Raazi and most other Hindi releases this year.

The Hollywood superhero format is making huge inroads into the Indian market and Deadpool 2 is another example of this. The opening is not as big as Avengers - Infinity War but that film has a lot of brand value in India. Deadpool 3 still looks likely to be among the top Hollywood openers in India.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=3943

D2 will cross D1 business in only 2 days in India. Remains to be seen how much it can do in total. My prediction atleast $10M +.

D1 did 2.7M so doing 4 times biz of 1st movie would be a great achievement.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Marathon said:

The release date wreaking havoc on the OS performance?

I think it depends on the country. It's doing much better relative to the first in certain territories but then seeing slight decreases or staying flat in others. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deadpool 2 Has Fifth Biggest First Day For Hollywood In India

Deadpool 2 has taken the fifth highest ever opening for a Hollywood release of around 9.5-10 crore nett behind some very established brands like Avengers and Fast & Furious. The achievement is not the fifth highest opening but the fact it came despite an Adult certification. 

The business of the Hindi version is on the lower side comparatively as mass areas like UP and Bihar have done so so business but the film has scored very well in English and the bigger centers. This could be due to the Adult certification and Ramadan which lead to a weak start in Muslim centers but big centers and the English version should drive this film to success. 

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=3946

Absolutely nuts ... 10cr nett =~13cr gross =~$2M. D1 did 2.7M in total ... this one should cross it today itself as I said in my earlier post but I didn't expect it to do 2M on the first day itself. Weekend should be atleast 6.5M.

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oMeriMombatti said:
Deadpool 2 Has Fifth Biggest First Day For Hollywood In India

Deadpool 2 has taken the fifth highest ever opening for a Hollywood release of around 9.5-10 crore nett behind some very established brands like Avengers and Fast & Furious. The achievement is not the fifth highest opening but the fact it came despite an Adult certification. 

The business of the Hindi version is on the lower side comparatively as mass areas like UP and Bihar have done so so business but the film has scored very well in English and the bigger centers. This could be due to the Adult certification and Ramadan which lead to a weak start in Muslim centers but big centers and the English version should drive this film to success. 

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=3946

Absolutely nuts ... 10cr nett =~13cr gross =~$2M. D1 did 2.7M ... this one should cross it today itself as I said in my earlier post but I didn't expect it to do 2M on the first day itself. Weekend should be atleast 6.5M.

Yea I've been seeing folks who follow box office in India say it's been doing big numbers for the type of film it is and relative to the first. Glad to see it's increasing in India :) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Why Australia?

I'm guessing the royal family is still of particularly important cultural relevance since the Queen of England is still the de facto monarch of Australia and 15 other Commonwealth realms (including Canada and New Zealand).

• Like 2