kayumanggi

DEADPOOL II | 461.2 M overseas ● 785.8 M worldwide

2 hours ago, raulbalarezo said:

This under Logan is likely

No.  It's performing better than both Logan and X-Men Apocalypse overseas, and these 2 movies already had China's numbers included.

It's also performing better than both Logan's and Apocalypse's domestic numbers.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix

12 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

So 

$350M OS

$275M DOM

$625M WW 

I can't wait for the deadpool stans to spin this into a success :rofl: 

A movie making nearly 6 times its budget is a success no matter how small or big the numbers are. Obviously fans and the studio would have wanted it to gross more or around what the first one did. Heck I am not a Deadpool “stan” in anyway but there is no need for any spinning here, it is a success period. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

So 

$350M OS

$275M DOM

$625M WW 

It could have grossed $500M WW and it would have been a success. No spinning necessary. If Deadpool 2 isn't a success then 99% of blockbusters aren't a success. But you do you I guess. 

Edited by Nova

30 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

So 

$350M OS

$275M DOM

$625M WW 

Age of Ultron decreased if compared to Avengers, for example. Movie was still a huge sucess.

Decreasing doesn't mean flopping. Deadpool 2 will decrease and it'll still be a sucess. You have one R rated movie without 3D that makes almost 6 times it's budget. How the hell isn't that a sucess?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RealLyre said:

So 

$350M OS

$275M DOM

$625M WW 

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Age of Ultron decreased if compared to Avengers, for example. Movie was still a huge sucess.

Decreasing doesn't mean flopping. Deadpool 2 will decrease and it'll still be a sucess. You have one R rated movie without 3D that makes almost 6 times it's budget. How the hell isn't that a sucess?

Because @GraceRandolph has no grasp of the box office and likes to troll every chance he or she or it gets.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

So 

$350M OS

$275M DOM

$625M WW 

First of all, if I want to spin something, it bas to be accurate or close to accurate. But man, you gave pretty bad predictions.

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Deadpool 2 is a hit.

I'm still wobbly on international numbers so does anybody think that Deadpool 2 hits 400mil worldwide?

I don't think so. Probably looking at $350M or so which would be a similar amount that it's decreased domestically 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

I don't think so. Probably looking at $350M or so which would be a similar amount that it's decreased domestically 

350mil without China probably means 430-450mil with China I think. Anyway neither film being released in China left a lot of money on the table. The first did 420mil sans China so that is about a 70mil drop overseas and an at best 60mil drop domestic if it hits 300mil. Even with the domestic fall it feels like the international numbers should have at least matched the original. It's not having a The Last Jedi swan dive but it has fallen a bit from it's predecessor. Still a success of course.

34 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Deadpool 2 is a hit.

I'm still wobbly on international numbers so does anybody think that Deadpool 2 hits 400mil worldwide?

Not entirely out of the question but it will miss it more likely than not.

53 minutes ago, Nova said:

It should be able to do more than 350 IMO. It did about 105m this weekend and last weekdays combined and it is about 70 million away from 350. Even 60% drops every week gets it to 350. Now there might be some weekends (like the one where JW2 opens, World Cup opening ceremony, etc) where it might fall 60% or slightly more but there is no way it will fall 60% or more every weekend. 

400 is not gonna happen though. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RealLyre said:

So 

$350M OS

$275M DOM

$625M WW 

It’s a success. Just a bit of a relatively disspointing success, considering the first one, the reception, and the OW numbers.     

Also, AM&tW>DP2>Solo is looking pretty good right now.

Edited by Thanos Legion

Deadpool 2 should be at 300M after weekdays. So that's around 78M for the week (counting from the start of weekend).

Next week nothing major is opening so it should drop around 50% or so. So around 40M.

JW will cause it to drop over 60%. 15M week there.

After that should add another 10M at least.

Adding it all up, it should finish with 365M in current markets. Japan should add another 15M for 380M finish.

• Like 2

I thought 700 looked good before this weekend but now I'd say 650-670.  We'll see how hard fallen kingdom hits it in the coming weeks.

WW WW week Dom Dom week OS OS week
May 20 300.3 300.3 125.5 125.5 174.8 174.8
May 27 488.2 187.9 208.2 82.7 280 105.2
June 3 575 86.8 250 41.8 325 45
June 10 617 42 272 22 345 20
June 17 639 22 284 12 355 10
June 24 650 11 290 6 360 5
July 1 653 3 293 3    
July 8 655 2 295 2    

Rest 665 10 300 5       365            5

Those are pretty harsh drops from here without anything major this coming weekend, and don't account for Japan still to come ($19m DP '16).  Maybe I'm still way off, we'll see.

• Thanks 1

It's performing remarkably well in some markets, like Brazil, Italy, Spain, South Korea, Mexico and India (just to name a few).

It's going to drop considerably in the UK for sure.  700 might be out of the question, but if it develops late legs in NA, 700 is not dead.  But yes, it looks more like 680.  That would be a 12% drop WW for a sequel.  Not bad at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1