kayumanggi

DEADPOOL II | 461.2 M overseas ● 785.8 M worldwide

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

this is doing less than what i hoped for , but again fox proved that the low-budget(relatively) R-rated superhero films is still in good place. The 110m budget is somehow still much lower compared to many origin marvel/DC film. 

Are you talking about OS? It opened like $40M higher than the first OS lol That's a really really good opening for it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, picores said:

Very very good openings all around. 700m WW looks in great shape.

700 after 300OW should be a cakewalk. If it doesn't do that then that's BvS level territory bad. Plus Japan is also left. My prediction is 750 from current OS+DOM and 10-15M in Japan. 765M WW. Another Deadpool movie that will do more business than Jesus OS.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

I'm actually shocked about its OS OW. I thought it was going to do around $140-$150M given how it fell in the U.K. and other countries. 

But I think it only has Japan left 

It only fell relatively big in UK (but still solid business all things considered)

The rest of Europe (ones that have numbers reported) either stay flat or slight decrease (with Italy showed good growth)

South Korea more than doubled DP’s opening while openings in Latin America countries showed increases ranging from 30% to 50%+

So I’m not surprised at the opening. And it’s a great number. Best ever for Foxmen in the OS markets I believe.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sam said:

It only fell relatively big in UK (but still solid business all things considered)

The rest of Europe (ones that have numbers reported) either stay flat or slight decrease (with Italy showed good growth)

South Korea more than doubled DP’s opening while openings in Latin America countries showed increases ranging from 30% to 50%+

So I’m not surprised at the opening. And it’s a great number. Best ever for Foxmen in the OS markets I believe.

I guess i didn't expect the other markets to make up for it. I thought they would just cover the amount that it decreased in other territories. 

But yea it beat out DOFP which had $38M from China so that should put these numbers into a much better perspective too 

• Like 1

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

It still has to open in Vietnam ( May 25th ), Hong Kong ( May 31st ), Mexico ( June 1st ) and Japan ( June ).

It opened in Vietman, HK, and Mexico this week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Rambo said:

DP opened to 2.6m in India while this one opened to 6.3 which is 2.5x bigger. 

DP2 had an OW nearly 50% more than the entire run of Deadpool 1!  

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Astonished 1

55 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

DP2 had an OW nearly 50% more than the entire run of Deadpool 1!  

More like 42%, which is far from 50%, but still quite high. Unclear though whether it can have decent legs with Solo coming out next week and Jurasssic World 2 coming out in most countries on DP2's 4th weekend. Also, DP2 had a longer than normal weekend (starting earlier than the traditional opening day) in certain countries. This will make it even more front-loaded. I wouldn't say $500M is guaranteed.

The only caveat to this is that it hasn't yet opened in Japan, Vietnam, Hong Kong and Mexico. These countries are probably enough to push it past $500M, even if it doesn't get there otherwise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Quigley said:

More like 42%, which is far from 50%, but still quite high. Unclear though whether it can have decent legs with Solo coming out next week and Jurasssic World 2 coming out in most countries on DP2's 4th weekend. Also, DP2 had a longer than normal weekend (starting earlier than the traditional opening day) in certain countries. This will make it even more front-loaded. I wouldn't say $500M is guaranteed.

The only caveat to this is that it hasn't yet opened in Japan, Vietnam, Hong Kong and Mexico. These countries are probably enough to push it past $500M, even if it doesn't get there otherwise.

From what I could find Dp1 did 29 total in local currency and DP2 is heading towards 43 OW based on what is being reported so far (6.3m usd). So thats 48.27% more than DP1’s entire run which is nearly 50%. Even using current ER for both numbers the jump is nearly 46.5% in USD. However based on ER in 2016 the jump could have been close to 42% but I dont have the numbers with me right now. 

As for its legs in India, they wont be that great considering it fell on Saturday despite Friday not being anywhere close to being full or very high occupancy like IW. Besides legs in India are generally short anyways. 

Solo is a non factor here in India when it comes to affecting DP2’s legs. TLJ only did 2.5m USD and I suspect Solo will do even less. And by the time JW2 opens in India, DP2’s run will be almost over anyways. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quigley said:

It opened this week in Vietnam, HK, and Mexico. Japan is the only market in which DP2 is yet to be released.

• Like 3