kayumanggi

DEADPOOL II | 461.2 M overseas ● 785.8 M worldwide

On 5/17/2018 at 4:12 PM, Thrylos 7 said:

Substantially lower than Deadpool 1,how come ?

Well isn’t this karma at work here? They  tried to cut the legs off IW by moving the movie 2 weeks after it.  Deadpool should have just been released with the original date and all would have been well (for both movies). 

tenor.gif?itemid=8177056

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

I am really warming up to this gracerandolph character, his/hers trolling attitude is the perfect antidote to all those people whining like crybabies when somebody doesn’t like a box office number . Rock on grace !!!:sparta:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Well isn’t this karma at work here? They  tried to cut the legs off IW by moving the movie 2 weeks after it.  Deadpool should have just been released with the original date and all would have been well (for both movies).

The movie would have been released in the midst of Solo and Jurassic World. There's no guarantee that it would have worked out well.

Deadpool 2 Falls On Saturday

Deadpool 2 struggled on day two as the collections of the film dropped by around 5-10% and collected 8.75 crore nett. The problem for the film are its dubbed formats be it Hindi, Tamil or Telugu which had opened far lower than the English format and also dropped more on Saturday. It is very rare for a film to drop on Saturday nowadays unless business is dominated by single screens which is not the case here. 

The overall two day number of  of the film is pretty good at 18.25 crore nett but the trend for the film is not looking strong which makes Monday crucial for the film. It will be about the English version from Monday onwards as this format could still do well but to be really big it needed support of the dubbed versions especially the Hindi and that will find it hard to sustain.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=3947

This is unexpected ... I really can't remember the last time a movie fell on Saturday. (AIW probably did but that was running on full capacity, also massive fan rush to see it on 1st day). WOM seems good to me so let's see how Sunday goes. If it's less than Friday ... it's going to tank badly on Monday and may not even do 10M in total. Unheard of when the movie did 2M on the 1st day itself.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, oMeriMombatti said:
Deadpool 2 Falls On Saturday

Deadpool 2 struggled on day two as the collections of the film dropped by around 5-10% and collected 8.75 crore nett. The problem for the film are its dubbed formats be it Hindi, Tamil or Telugu which had opened far lower than the English format and also dropped more on Saturday. It is very rare for a film to drop on Saturday nowadays unless business is dominated by single screens which is not the case here. 

The overall two day number of  of the film is pretty good at 18.25 crore nett but the trend for the film is not looking strong which makes Monday crucial for the film. It will be about the English version from Monday onwards as this format could still do well but to be really big it needed support of the dubbed versions especially the Hindi and that will find it hard to sustain.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=3947

This is unexpected ... I really can't remember the last time a movie fell on Saturday. (AIW probably did but that was running on full capacity, also massive fan rush to see it on 1st day). WOM seems good to me so let's see how Sunday goes. If it's less than Friday ... it's going to tank badly on Monday and may not even do 10M in total. Unheard of when the movie did 2M on the 1st day itself.

IW fell about 3% on Saturday compared to the 5-10% projected drop for Deadpool 2. These are not that far apart however when u see that IW was doing in one day what DP2 will do in its entire OW then the DP drop does become slightly worrying. 

However DP2 has already performed way above expectations and will make more in its OW in India than the first one did in its entire run. Thats incredible even if this movie turns out to be frontloaded

Germany:

DP 1 = 771.641 admissions (Valentines Day included, no idea if that was similar taken into the advertising like they did it in AUS)

DP 2 = 650.000 admissions (est.)

But: Monday is a public holiday,

also the weekend had and has - at least in my part - very nice weather,

and it was the beginning of 2 weeks of school holidays. Some will go on vacation (foreign language countries included) and some might want to watch it with friends during the school holidas or if/when the weather worsens

Have not seen both, looked it up for some reasons and realised it includes 2 actors that worked together before and I enjoyed (Firefly) = I might actually go and watch it (if I find the time, maybe in ~ 3 weeks)

• Like 1

176M OS opening is incredible. 

Did it open to all the major markets (minus Japan and China) this weekend? Any big ones left? 

I think 2.5x legs OS is reasonable for a finish around 440M. Plus 10M in Japan. So 450M. Could go higher but gotta factor in Solo (no matter how bad it might do) and Jurassic World releasing earlier in the OS markets.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

When I saw 300m I thought that was huge. What did the first one open to? Why were ppl hoping for 350m?

First one did about $260M for 3-day. It was a fairly even split between OS and domestic for OW 

Edited by Nova

6 minutes ago, Sam said:

176M OS opening is incredible. 

Did it open to all the major markets (minus Japan and China) this weekend? Any big ones left? 

I think 2.5x legs OS is reasonable for a finish around 440M. Plus 10M in Japan. So 450M. Could go higher but gotta factor in Solo (no matter how bad it might do) and Jurassic World releasing earlier in the OS markets.

I'm actually shocked about its OS OW. I thought it was going to do around $140-$150M given how it fell in the U.K. and other countries. 

But I think it only has Japan left 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Top markets this weekend included the United Kingdom with $18.0 million, South Korea with $17.0 million, Russia with $11.8 million, Australia with $11.7 million, and Mexico with $10.0 million.

How did it manage $18M in the U.K. with the Royal wedding and everything on Saturday 

:winomg: