YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

3 minutes ago, fmpro said:
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $12,000,000    7.9%
Foreign:  $139,000,000    92.1%

Worldwide:  $151,000,000

Maybe America is just to branded and consumer filled so alot of people are rejecting it, but around the world it is the opposite and the idea of a classic monsters universe feels fresh and exciting

6 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

No.

France(opened on Wednesday),Germany(Thursday 15th),Spain(Friday 23th) and Japan(August).

Yes, Wonder Woman  is probably bound to be an isolated american phenomenon.

Edited by The Futurist

45 minutes ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

I was out clubbing yesterday, and while in the toilets I heard some guy saying "derka derka derka" to his friend, and the friend replied "derka derka". so I joined in and said "derka derka derka, muhammed jihad". next thing I know every single person in the toilets is shouting "derka derka derka, derka derka, muhammad jihad!", like a good 15 people.

was fucking pissing myself (both literally and metaphorically). funniest thing I've experienced in ages. lmao

54000249.jpg

3 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Maybe America is just to branded and consumer filled so alot of people are rejecting it, but around the world it is the opposite and the idea of a classic monsters universe feels fresh and exciting

Ot maybe it's shit and overseas has bad taste

14 minutes ago, Robertman2 & Knuckles said:

Ot maybe it's shit and overseas has bad taste

Ok, I have heard about the moans and groans when the Dark Universe logo comes up before the movie starts.  Maybe in some cultures around the world this generates some sort of enthusiasm.  I don't know.  It is just an idea.

1 hour ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

I was out clubbing yesterday, and while in the toilets I heard some guy saying "derka derka derka" to his friend, and the friend replied "derka derka". so I joined in and said "derka derka derka, muhammed jihad". next thing I know every single person in the toilets is shouting "derka derka derka, derka derka, muhammad jihad!", like a good 15 people.

was fucking pissing myself (both literally and metaphorically). funniest thing I've experienced in ages. lmao

I've never seen acting that good!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

Over $3 billion with 4 movies...   It has to be said because I read literally hundreds of posts on here and elsewhere about the DCEU being dead or having to reboot and all this nonsense,  I'm not even factoring in what the movies have done for WB's merchandise sales which are through the roof.  

Maybe those posts will stop now but probably not.  :lol:

Some people here let their personal feelings blind them from seeing things objectively. BVS always had the signs that it was a misunderstood masterpiece and that it would be appreciated with time. It's gonna pay off big for WB in the near future, as BVS set an incredible backstory for the next Batman and Superman films the same way is happening for Wonder Woman. Those movies, if good as Wonder Woman was, will be massive box office hits because BVS humanized Batman and Superman, and the general audience love them as they probably never loved these characters before. We all will look back and say: Oh, Napoleon was right all along, BVS was really fantastic and everything makes sense now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

We all will look back and say: Oh, Napoleon was right all along, BVS was really fantastic and everything makes sense now.

When Ascendant happens.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Also note that the domestic share is so low because BoxOfficeMojo inexplicably uses weekend estimates for OS. The Mummy will indeed be more popular in the rest of the world, but the difference won't be so extreme.

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It is happening as a TV movie technically :ph34r: 

Is it though? Lionsgate was shopping it to networks last June/July and we haven't heard a single thing about it yet. The cast has all said that they won't return for a TV movie, so they will need a brand new cast as well. I think Lionsgate will let the franchise just die off itself.

• Like 1

WOM in action: my mom mentioned off-hand to my dad and I how she wants to see WW even though we saw it without her (when she said she was fine with skipping it). Her reasoning why is "Well, I was okay with missing it until I've heard pretty much everyone I know loved it, so I wanna see what they're talking about"

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Blankments said:

WOM in action: my mom mentioned off-hand to my dad and I how she wants to see WW even though we saw it without her (when she said she was fine with skipping it). Her reasoning why is "Well, I was okay with missing it until I've heard pretty much everyone I know loved it, so I wanna see what they're talking about"

Awesome!

When I told my mom about the movie she said "oh yeah, that old symbol"

I was like wut?

• Like 1