YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

2 minutes ago, The Mummified Panda said:

I think I originally went with 42% but I thought "No way a comic book movie drops less than 50% these days", so I slightly bumped it.

I actually went super safe. I thought it will not drop below 50% but maybe it reaches bvs 2nd w/e. Me being less ballsy helped me. Totally lucky!!

• Like 1

Wonder Woman 2 will do much better overseas so I'm not concerned. Eh, I don't think WB's marketing for Wonder Woman was as good as their other films. It wasn't bad or close to it but it wasn't as good as their other films. They are lucky it's a good movie. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Nova said:

Honestly @WrathOfHan is being so embarrassing right now that I'm ashamed to be put in the same "didn't like Wonder Woman" group as him. I'm thinking about watching it again and changing my mind about the film just, so I'm no longer grouped with the embarrassment. 

ubTcbd9.gif

Edited by Rey

CBMs next year:

02.16 BLACK PANTHER

04.13 NEW MUTANTS

05.04 AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

06.01 DEADPOOL II

07.06 ANT-MAN AND THE WASP

10.05 VENOM

11.02 DARK PHOENIX

12.21 AQUAMAN

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, SofNascimento said:

Add "Emily Blunt in Edge of Tomorrow" and my like is yours! 

Indeed, there are quite a few examples. In recent movies, Emily Blunt in EoT, Rebecca Ferguson in Mission Impossible 5, Felicity Jones in Rogue One, Charlize Theron in Atomic Blonde (well, movie isn't out, but I'd be willing to bet she'll be kicking ass just from the trailers alone).

Also, Ripley in Aliens is a complete bad-ass after her more "unlikely/reluctant hero" part in Alien. 

Speaking of unlikely female hero, which is from my post earlier, the category usually reserved for the horror genre these days (unfortunately), Hailee Steinfeld in True Grit makes for a formidable candidate, and a proof that neither age nor sex of a protagonist are limiting factors. So is Ivana Baquero in Pan's Labyrinth.

Sadly, there are still so few of them... :sadben:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

CBMs next year:

02.16 BLACK PANTHER

04.13 NEW MUTANTS

06.01 DEADPOOL II

10.05 VENOM

11.02 DARK PHOENIX

12.21 AQUAMAN

...Incredibles 2 and Animated Spidey? #AnimatedFilmsAreFilmsToo #Animacist

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

CBMs next year:

02.16 BLACK PANTHER

04.13 NEW MUTANTS

06.01 DEADPOOL II

10.05 VENOM

11.02 DARK PHOENIX

12.21 AQUAMAN

Wait, 3 X men movies next year?

13 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

CBMs next year:

02.16 BLACK PANTHER

04.13 NEW MUTANTS

06.01 DEADPOOL II

10.05 VENOM

11.02 DARK PHOENIX

12.21 AQUAMAN

New Mutants comes out in 10 months and they don't have a cast or production date yet, guessing it will be very low on VFX and post production. Will be a 8 month schedule from start of production to release assuming Fox announces everything at SDCC, that is unheard of for a CBM, especially considering that marketing itself starts 6 months before release for most movies.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Indeed, there are quite a few examples. In recent movies, Emily Blunt in EoT, Rebecca Ferguson in Mission Impossible 5, Felicity Jones in Rogue One, Charlize Theron in Atomic Blonde (well, movie isn't out, but I'd be willing to bet she'll be kicking ass just from the trailers alone).

Also, Ripley in Aliens is a complete bad-ass after her more "unlikely/reluctant hero" part in Alien. 

Speaking of unlikely female hero, which is from my post earlier, the category usually reserved for the horror genre these days (unfortunately), Hailee Steinfeld in True Grit makes for a formidable candidate, and a proof that neither age nor sex of a protagonist are limiting factors. So is Ivana Baquero in Pan's Labyrinth.

Sadly, there are still so few of them... :sadben:

Yeah, I would also mention Rinko Kikuchi in Pacific Rim. And I wonder if someone would mention Kate Macer (from Sicario). I suspect not many people would because they would fall in the trap of the film, which would led some to believe she is weak and passive. While its her strength of character that actually makes her stand out. 

Anyway, I think there is a trend for better females roles. If we pick the last few years we have a good number of them. 

• Like 1

WW did this good because its emotional and connected especially with women. NOT because she's a woman who kicks ass. WE' ve seen plenty of films with women kicking ass that failed...edge of tomorrow being one of them (i love that movie, but it's mostly geared at boys. ,maybe if they played more her relationship with cruise it would have done better  )

Edited by Alli

1 minute ago, Alli said:

WW did this good because its emotional and connected especially with women. NOT because she's a woman who kicks ass. WE' ve seen plenty of films with women kicking ass that failed...edge of tomorrow being one of them (i love that movie, but it's mostly geared at boys. ,ayne of they played more her relatioship with cruise it would have done better  )

tumblr_njvq42mE5i1svgb0ro2_540.gif

• Like 6

Well That drop is Wonder for sure, lol.  300 looking good.   "Mummy" numbers are basically just decent at best. "Mummy 99" adjusts to 270 and "Mummy Returns" adjust to 315.  Right now the goal is probably "Mummy 3" numbers which adjust to 126 and there's no guarantee it will make that with the massive competition coming up.  Tom is still the man though.