WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Pixar Masterpieces:

----------

Pixar Films that mostly brainwash all of you into thinking they are brilliant:

Most of the rest

And #FTSBF

People Brainwashed by Warner Bros to hate Disney/Pixar:

Baumer

Telemachos

• Like 14

21 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

They don't really, as much, lately.

I mean Inside Out was two years ago, and we don't know Coco's quality yet.

I will say, I'm disappointed they're going all out sequels.

• Like 2

I always play devil's advocate with Pixar movies. Every time I'm around folks who are going apeshit over them, I tend to think... are they really that good?

But every time I talk to Pixar haters, I'm like... you're crazy! They're great!

Truth is, their brand is largely synonymous with quality in terms of family offerings for the GP. They're definitely doing something right. And I, personally, can't wait for Coco.

They need to fucking stop the sequels tho. Jeez.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, The Mummified Panda said:

I mean Inside Out was two years ago, and we don't know Coco's quality yet.

I will say, I'm disappointed they're going all out sequels.

I still have faith in Incredibles 2 since Brad Bird is returning and is actually a wanted sequel.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nomyth said:

I always play devil's advocate with Pixar movies. Every time I'm around folks who are going apeshit over them, I tend to think... are they really that good?

Truth is, their brand is largely synonymous with quality in terms of family offerings for the GP. They're definitely doing something right. And I, personally, can't wait for Coco.

I will say that sitting through CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS and parts of TROLLS makes me appreciate Pixar and Disney more. :) 

• Like 8

Just now, nomyth said:

I think Toy Story 4 will be the last sequel for a while. 

Pixar are the gold standard IMO alongside WDAS. A lot of the other studios tend to go for gags over the story whereas I think Pixar and WDAS get the balance right. 

• Like 3

someday i'll get around to good dinosaur. for me pixar are kinda like marvel movies in that there's 3 or 4 that i deeply love (inside out/wall-e/up are their holy trinity) and there's just kinda a big "pretty good" mush in the middle and then a couple shit ones.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I will say that sitting through CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS and parts of TROLLS makes me appreciate Pixar and Disney more. :) 

Ha ha, for serious. As an adult, I can always at least appreciate that they're a step above when it comes to kids offerings.

Having said that, I had to watch Cars every day for about a year when I babysat my cousins kids. So, the entire franchise is like needles in my brain now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Pixar are the gold standard IMO alongside WDAS. A lot of the other studios tend to go for gags over the story whereas I think Pixar and WDAS get the balance right. 

Exactly. I love Pixar/Disney because not only their films are so beautiful but they have great story and message. and are very touching.

the opposite is Illumination, my least fav studio, all they have are gags

• Like 3

Just now, Damianport1 said:

Exactly. I love Pixar/Disney because not only their films are so beautiful but they have great story and message. and are very touching.

the opposite is Illumination, my least fav studio, all they have are gags

Warner Animation Group is good as well, even their weakest film Storks was still decent. 

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Warner Animation Group is good as well, even their weakest film Storks was still decent. 

They've also done a good jobs of a keeping budgets. Though like animation studio not named Disney / Pixar, they outsource a lot of their animation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Outside of Cars what's wrong with Pixar sequels?

Personally for me nothing, I actually quite enjoyed MU (technically a prequel), and liked FD. I'm sure Cars 3 will be fine as well. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I'll take the worst of Disney or Pixar before I sit through a minute of Trolls again.  They aren't perfect but they also don't pander to the vomit inducing extreme.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Outside of Cars what's wrong with Pixar sequels?

nothing as long as they come from the right place. Finding Dory and Toy Story 2 are great. Even Monster's University is very good

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

They've also done a good jobs of a keeping budgets. Though like animation studio not named Disney / Pixar, they outsource a lot of their animation. 

Blue Sky does their own animation although they're based in Connecticut rather than California. 

WAG has used Animal Logic, SPI and for Scooby Reel FX so while they do outsource, it's using very good animation companies.