WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I expect Cars 3 Friday number will

go up. Normally I would say it would have a better multiple than Cars 2 but DM3 is making me hesitant 

Yeah, that's the reason why I don't think it'll do that much better than 160-170M tops (I think it's gonna struggle making Boss Baby numbers) - Despicable Me 3 is coming and it's probably going to annihilate its legs. Still, I think that its multiplier will be slightly better than expected, not just cause of Father's Day, but also cause, well, better wom.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Just now, Telemachos said:

And, of course, the movie takes a great many liberties in terms of people and events. 

Biopics do have to take artistic license or you're better off watching a documentary. Even something like Sully which was very good, made the NTSB the villains even though they were just doing their job. 

• Like 1

NEW BOP predictions: http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-annabelle-creation-glass-castle-nut-job-2-nutty-nature/

Annabelle: 23/52

Nut Job: 12/40

Glass Castle: 3.5/10.5

June 30 Updates:

DM3: 86/280 (up 15%/4%)

Baby Driver: 15/82 (up 0/38%)

The House: 23/80 (down 12%/16%)

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Biopics do have to take artistic license or you're better off watching a documentary. Even something like Sully which was very good, made the NTSB the villains even though they were just doing their job. 

T.E. Lawrence's family was outraged over LAWRENCE OF ARABIA and spent considerable effort trashing it in the press. Baseball purists got pissy over MONEYBALL. THE SOCIAL NETWORK is famously not very accurate in terms of Zuckerberg's character.

It's basically par for the course unless it's a formal, authorized biopic and then those tend to gloss over less-than-favorable moments. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

Moderation:

This is the weekend thread, not the post-hot-pics-of-woman-I-like-or-stan-for thread.

Are you kidding me? I missed the DP talk in the last numbers thread and now this too?

• Like 4

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

You highlighted Baby Driver. That likely won't be on many, if any, screens by August.

yeah...i don't know why i wrote august.  maybe because i wished it opened in august lol.  i meant june, of course

• Like 1

DM3 has a chance to do huge.  Last year 4 films directly targeting that demographics did gangbusters by the time summer was over : ZOOTP, TJB, PETS all doing 340-360 dom and DORY for 485 for a combined total of 1.5b. In addition KFP3 did 140+ and ANGRY BIRDS 105+ for ~1.75b for 6 films by summer end.

This year LEGO BAT and BOSS BABY combined have done ~350. CU looking at 75, CARS3 165 so 590 combined for 4 films + DM3 by summer end.

Any number from Illumination's recent pics, 270+ of SING to 360+ of PETS, wouldn't really surprise me but there is room to do the higher end of that range.

Edited by a2knet

Just now, a2knet said:

DM3 has a chance to do huge.  Last year 3 films directly targeting that demographics did gangbusters by the time summer was over : ZOOTP, TJB, PETS all doing 340-360 dom for a combined total of 1.05b+.

This year LEGO BAT and BOSS BABY combined have done ~350. CARS3 will have done 125+ by the time DM3 opens.

Any number from 270+ of SING to 360+ of PETS wouldn't really surprise me but there is room to do the higher end of that range.

You forgot about Finding Dory which did almost 500M :lol:

• Like 5

Meanwhile. UPDATED Pixar ranking

Masterpieces
1. Inside Out

Near-Masterpieces
2. Toy Story 3
3. Toy Story
4. Toy Story 2

Great
5. Up
6. Walle