WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

10 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Werner Herzog rankings (of the ones I've seen):

You know this is high brow because I have used the tildes to mark my numbers.

~1~ Grizzly Man

~2~ Cave of Forgotten Dreams

~3~ Into the Inferno

~4~ Cobra Verde

~5~ Encounters at the End of the World

~6~ Lo and Behold: Reveries of the Connected World

~7~ Penguins of Madagascar

It gets less high brow now because those are the only ones I've seen.

Had to adjust ratings because I forgot that the Herzgod was in that Penguins of Madagascar movie.

• Community Manager
Just now, That One Guy said:

I went to the Disney store in NYC in January.  At least half of the store had to be Frozen-related.

Disneyland ride or bust.

11 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Caps 1 and Vol. 2 really pop. Phase 3 has made an effort to really up the overall design/asthetic. Panther and Ragnarok seem to moving very much in the right direction.

Vol. 2 is the closest thing to Batman Returns. Definitely the most heart and weird in any MCU flick to date.

All CBM nowadays are formulaic as fuck. Gotta check out Legion for something a lot different. It's all about presentation. Wonder Woman is formula done right. That's why it's beloved.

Wonder Woman had a lot of heart and depth in it, actually, despite there being a number of prevelant flaws.  

It really captured the spirit of the genre and was fairly endearing.

It's a fine line though when it comes to formulas in film.  If you think from a musical standpoint, J.S. Bach's music is very formulaic and mathematical, but it's also absolutely brilliant.  But then you can think about modern music, and how every song on the top 40 is just a different rendition of a previous top 40 song, and you can see how these formulas can also steal the soul out of art.

Edited by The Mummified Panda

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Rango is A brilliant depiction of self worth. Much more subtle about it than Inside Out 

“Who am I? I'm nobody" destroys me. Absolutely destroys me

i love rango for the gore craziness but it is none subtle at all. that theme you're talking about is given whole scenes to be speechified. even the 400 movie riffs in rango are about as subtle as the riffs in disaster movie.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I just saw that Melodrama has an 89 score at Metacritic, with 3 reviews scoring it at 100. I'm speechless. 

Its good. As fuck. 

The Nashville Sound was the better album released today though. Now that shit is amazing

• Community Manager
Just now, That One Guy said:

Pfft, amateur.  I watched Escape from Planet Earth and LIVED to tell the tale.

And yet you wonder why I think your into kid movies.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i love rango for the gore craziness but it is none subtle at all. that theme you're talking about is given whole scenes to be speechified. even the 400 movie riffs in rango are about as subtle as the riffs in disaster movie.

I said more subtle than Inside Out. 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

About to watch ALLIED. This better be as good as some of you say it is.

Gimme the digital code.

And I'll do what you shoulda did, 10 minutes ago

• Like 5

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, KJsooner said:

Nobody gives AF about rango

I haven't seen Rango but come on, the movie clearly has it's fans. Not enough for a sequel but still.