WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

5 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Yes. 

Plus the idiotic idea of having a Transformer pass as a human (plus the tongue of said transformer) and then the geography. 

Are you not familiar with the great Washington DC plane graveyard?

• Like 1

TF1 - C+ (It's got a lot of Michael Bay'isms, but they actually did right by Optimus/Bumblebee/Megatron, the action was well done and I did kinda enjoy the Tyrese Gibson/Josh Duhamel subplot... it's not "good", but it is fun and enjoyable)

TF2 - F (One of the worst movies, nevermind blockbusters, I've ever seen)

TF3 - C- (It still has a lot of stupid in it, but at least it did have very entertaining action and I did surprisingly like the twist w/Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's character)

TF4 - F (Apart from Mark Wahlberg's likeable performance, this movie is utter garbage from point A to Z... even the CGI is Godawful)

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

Transformers:9.5/10

Trans 2: 8.5/10

Trans 3: 9/10

Trans 4: 6.5/10

The fourth misses Shia but the first three are awesomely entertaining.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

Yes. 

Plus the idiotic idea of having a Transformer pass as a human (plus the tongue of said transformer) and then the geography. 

Usually I am not into the excuse game BUT

it is a miracle the movie was released in the first place.

It was written by Orci and Kurtzman in two weeks in a hotel room with Bay, during the writer strike so they were almost illegals.

Shia had a  serious injury in the middle of the shoot of the movie and they had to re-write plenty of things because of it.

In the making-of, Bay is super proud of the robot with testicles joke, says it makes him laugh. 

Edited by The Futurist

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Usually I am not into the excuse game BUT

it is a miracle the movie was released in the first place.

It was written by Orci and Kurtzman in two weeks in a hotel room with Bay, during the writer strike so they were almost illegals.

Shia had a  serious injury in the middle of the shoot of the movie and they had to re-write plenty of things because of it.

In the making-of, Bay is super proud of the robot with testicles joke, says it makes him laugh. 

No. Don't care. 

• Like 4

I actually really like the first and third Transformers films.

Especially the third, because it features an awesome action set piece in the end. Also:600px-TFDOTM_102.jpg

Who doesn't love Deep Wang?

Still haven't seen the fourth one and I never plan to.

• Like 1

HOP : did not watch

LORAX : B+

DM1 : B+

DM2 : B

MINIONS : C-

PETS : C+

SING : did not watch

DM3 : ? (Early buzz on the net looks positive).

Going by Aus numbers and positive buzz, thinking 95-105 ow.

Could open close to PETS (103/3.57x/368) and lesser legs being a sequel could still give 100/3.25-3.3x/325-330.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cochofles said:

What is so bad about Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

I mostly blocked that experience but two scenes that stand out are racist caricature robots and a human character actually walks up to someone asking for toilet paper with his pants around his ankles.

Even if you don't think the Transformers cartoon deserves a quality adaptation, c'mon.

Does it really have to be this repulsive?

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

Yes. 

Don't forget the Transformer dogs humping Megan Fox's leg. You can't say the film wasn't ambitious. It was determined to drill through the lowest common denominator and end up even lower.

• Like 7

Once again, Wonder Woman and Guardians Vol. 2 hold like champs. Everything else... Meh. Looking to Baby Driver, Spidey, Apes, Dunkirk, Despicable, Valerian and Atomic Blonde to deliver the goods in regards to nice holds and, relative to what's expected of each, nice receipts. June kind of sucked this year, outside of Wonder Woman. The same applies to May, outside of Guardians.

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Don't forget the Transformer dogs humping Megan Fox's leg. You can't say the film wasn't ambitious. It was determined to drill through the lowest common denominator and end up even lower.

Simply hypnotic, amirit?

1246456677443.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

That's kind of what makes it one of the more fascinating blockbusters of recent memory... Surreal honestly. I will say the action beats in Chicago in Dark of the Moon are simply jaw-dropping shit. Some of the more innovative, expansive action delivered on the an enormous scale.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, a2knet said:

HOP : did not watch

LORAX : B+

DM1 : B+

DM2 : B

MINIONS : C-

PETS : C+

SING : did not watch

DM3 : ? (Early buzz on the net looks positive).

Going by Aus numbers and positive buzz, thinking 95-105 ow.

Could open close to PETS (103/3.57x/368) and lesser legs being a sequel could still give 100/3.25-3.3x/325-330.

On vacay, but I'm always up for a ranking when kids wake me up at 6am...sigh...

Hop - A

Lorax - C+

DM1 - A 

DM2 - B

Minions - B-

Pets - B (SO MUCH POTENTIAL!)

Sing - waiting on Netflix/Amazon

DM3 - I'll let you know b/c I'll be in a theater seat!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

That's kind of what makes it one of the more fascinating blockbusters of recent memory... Surreal honestly. I will say the action beats in Chicago in Dark of the Moon are simply jaw-dropping shit. Some of the more innovative, expansive action delivered on the an enormous scale.

That's the saving grace of DOTM. I loved Transformers in the 80's. I watched the cartoons and had the toys. It really could have been a great series with modern CGI. I loved the first but it had some flaws. However, from 2 onwards it's been royally fucked up. 

Fuck you Michael Bay & Co.