WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

27 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

A movie dropping under 45% for two weeks in a row in the heart of summer would be already an impressive achievement, the fact that it is coming from a SH movie, that is also from DC, makes it surreal. 

Shouldn't be that surprising.

I've said before that the with the DC movies WB/DC is like a batter that typically tries to hit it out of the park every... single... time. As a result, they'll suffer a higher share of strikeouts (Catwoman, Jonah Hex, Green Lantern, etc.) than others who play things safer. But when when they connect ('78 Superman, '89 Batman, The Dark Knight, now Wonder Woman), that ball goes FLYING and EVERYTHING changes.

It's perhaps not the safest strategy, but damn if it isn't fun to watch. The box office performances of every DCEU movie has been really entertaining to follow and Justice League isn't going to be any different.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, GiantCALBears said:

He literally just said he wished he had taken my bet but nice try Tele.

I'm just curious, do you go out of your way to be ornery?  I'd say at least half of your posts here are just you being a jerk.

• Like 18

This was the breakdown WW would need to hit each week to hit 400m.  So far it's cleared the first hurdle by a couple million, and looking to do the same this weekend (I made it prior to its second weekend).  Take that as you will.

For this to club to happen it'd need a best possible case scenario like this

Assumed High End 2nd Weekend: 56m (203.8m) CHECK 58.5m (206.3m)

3rd: 39.2m (-30%) (262.5m) Most likely check 39m+ 3rd weekend (272m+)

4th: 23.5m (-40%) (303.5m)

5th: 16.2m (-31%) (335.1m)

6th: 9.1m (-44%) (352.7m)

7th: 6.8m (-25%) (366m)

8th: 6.5m (-5%) (378.5m)

9th: 4m (-40%) (386.2m)

10th: 3.1m (-22%) (392.1m)

11th: 2m (-37%) (395.8m)

12th: 1.3m (-35%) (398.1m)

13th: 0.7m (-46%) (399.3m)

14th: 0.5m (-35%) (400m)

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Bad but could've been worse. Father's Day tomorrow should help it avoid a 60% drop for the weekend.

$3.8M is an 80% Friday bump, so I don't see how it could have done much better. Pirates 5 is up 79% as well. Seems like we are seeing stronger Friday pushes than in the past few third Fridays in June. 

Just now, baumer said:

I'm just curious, do you go out of your way to be ornery?  I'd say at least half of your posts here are just you being a jerk.

Lol half my posts are being a jerk? Really fair statement, site moderator. You were wrong then and you are wrong now. $400m still has no chance of happening but say whatever you want. 

Fine, I'll bite, @GiantCALBears...I'll take your 400 challenge, at 10 to 1 odds.

I'll bet 100 dollars to your 1000 dollars as a donation to the site, that it will make 400 million.

You game?

You're a poker player, so am I.  I'll take your ten to one odds.  This is basically pot odds at this point, gotta call.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Only half? :ph34r:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GiantCALBears said:

Fine, free $100 for the site. Booked. 

Done.

So if you lose, how will you pay the site?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

Blade Runner 2049 is screening very well, but best case scenario for this movie is going to be in the Mad Max Fury Road range domestically.  

It's going to be 2 hours 30 minutes long, is a slower and more sophisticated sci-fi and doesn't have 4 quad appeal.  If it makes $150m domestic would be a great number.  

Interesting. Thanks. Do you know its budget? Just ballpark

You people are setting up yourselves to be disappointed with your 400m goal for Wonder Woman.

Deadpool's 363m is much more realistic.

I'm going to cheer when WW crosses BvS 330m though.

Wonder Woman solo beats movie with Batman, Superman, and guest star Wonder Woman! That's hilarious!

• Like 3