WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

12 minutes ago, Gumby said:

Feminists complained about the shirt because it said some wives are better than others.  Seriously.

And does Wonder Woman smoke?

MRA also complained about this shirt since it shows women as being strong. 

• Like 3

This section from the Variety article is kind of hilarious.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/cars-3-disney-pixar-all-eyez-on-me-tupac-box-office-opening-1202469552/

Spoiler

Cars 3” is currently on track for a $60 million debut despite opening against four other films this Father’s Day weekend. Tupac biopic “All Eyez on Me,” Bachelorette comedy “Rough Night,” survival horror “47 Meters Down,” and the critically panned “The Book of Henry” also opened on Friday, to varying results.

The second official sequel in the “Cars” franchise is racing to a domestic debut in the high $50 million range, with potential to break the $60 million barrier thanks to Sunday’s holiday. The Disney-Pixar production pulled in roughly $20 million on Friday from 4,256 theaters. Despite losing to “All Eyez on Me” in Thursday night previews, the Owen Wilson, Kerry Washington, and Armie Hammer vehicle is easily expected to win the weekend.

Benny Boom’s biography for Lionsgate could over-perform at No. 2 in the charts … er, box office … this week after its impressive $3.1 million pull on Thursday night. Nearly $13 million from 2,471 locations on Friday will put “Eyez” at around $31 million by end of day Sunday, beating out “Wonder Woman’s” $11 million Friday estimate. Warner Bros.’ DC Comics adaptation could still prove impenetrable at $41 million in its third frame, although it’s a very close race. Regardless of its placement, Gal Gadot’s superhero has officially crossed the $500 million mark worldwide as of Friday with $517 million.

I gotta admit as someone who's pretty anti smoking when anyone does it, it does knock Gadot down just a teeny tiny smidge for me.

If those were indeed her cigarettes

Edited by DAR

8 minutes ago, DAR said:

I gotta admit as someone who's pretty anti smoking when anyone does it, it does knock Gadot down just a teeny tiny smidge for me.

Smoking is still surprisingly popular outside of North America. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DAR said:

5941fd13205b1_GoodFellasJimmy2.jpg.b7977

I get where you're coming from though. :P

Sick Friday for Wonder Woman.  Hope it gets 40 ... and then pass Man of Steel by next Friday. :)

Damn, unless things really change, it's going to be over 310 million by the 25th.

Edited by AdamKendall

Just now, AdamKendall said:

5941fd13205b1_GoodFellasJimmy2.jpg.b7977

I get where you're coming from though. :P

Sick Friday for Wonder Woman.  Hope it gets 40 ... and then pass Man of Steel by next Friday. :)

Mon to Fri was about 39M this past week. If we figure 275-276M after this weekend, Wonder Woman would have to fall around 55% to miss that. Super locked, even if this weekend is more like $38M.

8 hours ago, baumer said:

I'm not blaming her.  "box office poison" is a term we've used here for years, kind of tongue in cheek in a way.  But in another way, it works.  McKinnon is not to blame, but it's like bad grosses just follow her around.  She I'm using her as a scape goat.  I personally wouldn't cast her in my film. .  

I think McKinnon, talented as she is has been typecast in the weird kooky roles. 

• Like 3