WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This is WrathOfHan's Hollywood:

Illumination is not allowed to make films.

All A24 releases will go wide on OW.

Horror will either be good or hilaribad. There is no in between.

No more generic CBMs. Either provide something different from the cookie cutter formula to the table or no film at all.

Ridley Scott gets to complete the Alien prequels.

Star Trek 4 #PrayerCircle :cloud9: 

Lionsgate gets new, competent management. 

Haha I suppose I don't care when anything from A24 goes wide, but given almost every movie they've released (like Spring Breakers) is a huge giant steaming pile of shit, I would rather they just be barred from releasing anything at all, ever.

Edited by JonathanLB

7 minutes ago, AHepBurn said:

I suppose you could, but that's part of the failure of RT. Nobody is going to go into that sort of depth to decide on a movie. The vast, vast majority who use RT just look to see if it's tomato or splat followed by the percentage.

Maybe not consciously...

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Tell that to the Dark Universe.

That fatigue settled in quite fast.

Which started with The Mummy, the fifth theatrical Mummy movie with nothing new on the table. Sure reviews hurt but it ain't just that.

Just now, JonathanLB said:

Haha I suppose I don't care when anything from A24 goes wide, but given almost every movie they've released (like Spring Breakers) is a huge giant steaming pile of shit, I would rather they jus the barred from releasing anything at all, ever.

Image result for stare gif

• Like 2

Even if you don't care for the stuff A24 releases, creativity is absolutely needed in Hollywood, and A24 is providing unique films. Or, you know, we can just stick to Star Wars and Star Wars wannabes. 

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It should have been Jump Street good. Wrong team/ wrong cast too aside from Efron. 

That is asking a bit much, you don't find a Lord/Miller/Hill combination making a movie easily and it is not necessarily easy to attract high end proven talent to a project like that. It didn't need to be Jump Street level good.

11 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

It looked too much like a Jump Street ripoff, made by people who didn't understand why Jump Street worked.

Not sure of that, movie like Chips and Baywatch maybe got the idea/greenlight because of jump street success, but I doubt anyone thought they were success because people wanted old tv show turned into movie and that it was an automatic that it would work.

Just now, The Futurist said:

If memory serves, most of BOT members thought Baywatch was bound to be the comedy breakout of the summer, before the reviews.

Yup:

Water Bottle - 236.1m
Empire - 226m
Chaasmi - 165m
Blankments - 151m
Baywatch - 150m
bcf26 - 145m
narniads - 145m
Simionski - 145m
24Lost - 145m
The Panda - 144.2m
Jake Gittes - 144m
The Dark Alfred - 142m
DamienRoc - 141m
Grey Ghost - 140m
Baumer - 139m
Telemachos - 138m
WrathofHan - 135m
Fancyarcher - 134m
darkelf - 130m
Cmasterclay - 125m
grim22 - 125m
Wrath - 125m
MrPink - 125m
Chewy - 125m
Spaghetti - 120m
aabattery - 120m
#ED - 119m
kayumanggi - 115m
BastienGiot - 115m
Kalo - 115m
Matrix4You - 115m
MovieMan - 113m
damnitgeorge08 - 110m
franfar - 110m
jj99- 105m

Exxdee - 100m
Mike Hunt - 99.9m
Tree - 91m

Domestic Total: 53.2m

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I think BABY DRIVER will do well.

People always say that about Edgar Wright's movies, including Scott Pilgrim, and they never really perform. And I love Edgar Wright so I'm not happy about it but it's hard for me to predict good numbers for baby driver, especially when nice guys flopped with stellar reviews and kind of a similar vibe.

Just now, Telemachos said:

I predict excellent reviews for BABY DRIVER, topped off by a collective orgasm from the geek crowd, and a gross of around 50m. 

Pretty much. I have it finishing slightly higher at 60M, but I think it can definitely go higher if the final marketing push is great.