Jurassic World II OS Thread

16 hours ago, Proxima Olive said:

Paris (14h)

JWFK 3,371

JW 5,293 / 359,010 / 2,088,000 / 5,205,000 entrées

Deadpool 2 = 3 558 / 216 242 / 1 186 000

Black panther = 3 236 / 178 202 / 1 059 000

20 minutes ago, A2k Rex said:

Thanks. What were the admissions of JW1 in the first week? Is there a website with historical admissions in France?

OD is down about 25% from the first one in France. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

RTH says “at least 70k admissions on Wednesday in Germany”. 

Solo's OD was 80k, but JW2 might have a better WE multiplier. Also Solo was 4-day and JW is 5-day

17 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

RTH says “at least 70k admissions on Wednesday in Germany”. 

That would actually be promising, at at least in the cinemas in Bremen it looks like most people didn't know it opened on Wednesday, so Thursday could if it roughly follows Bremen more than double (if it would follow Bremen it would do probably 210k or more)

But Bremen might be an outliner as yesterday was awful, way way worse than Solo's Thursday.

Edited by Taruseth
  • Like 2

Just now, Krissykins said:

Ah thanks, that is a big drop in Germany then. Wonder if the different week day had an impact. 

I think it does.

Thursday looks way better (I think it could get close to JW Thursday but in general might stay below that)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

so flopping  in Germany. Other countries look ill to decreases but maybe not by a huge amount at least 

You dont actually read the threads at all, do you? Are you so pessimistic for a reason? I dont get this negativity. So far, JW2 looks in quite a healthy place.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

so flopping  in Germany. Other countries look ill to decreases but maybe not by a huge amount at least 

What lol

Didn’t you see the post above yours: 

25 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

I think it does.

Thursday looks way better (I think it could get close to JW Thursday but in general might stay below that)

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

You dont actually read the threads at all, do you? Are you so pessimistic for a reason? I dont get this negativity. So far, JW2 looks in quite a healthy place.

Agreed, he isn’t reading the threads properly lol

Last round, 3D helped a lot in JW, 65% of the OS opening was from 3D screens, while that figure only reached 48% in USA.

It was a 3D event of the year, and 2015 was a revival year for 3D, but 3 years after, 3D is now extinct just like dinosaur 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

it's not looking good in Germany according to the thread.

Just now, John Marston said:

it's not looking good in Germany according to the thread.

It could go either way, we dont know at this point, its still too early. We will have a much better picture of it when the Thursday numbers are in, but they arent. The first JW openend regulary on a Thursday and the sequel now on a Wednesday, skewing the comparions in the process.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Last round, 3D helped a lot in JW, 65% of the OS opening was from 3D screens, while that figure only reached 48% in USA.

It was a 3D event of the year, and 2015 was a revival year for 3D, but 3 years after, 3D is now extinct just like dinosaur 

Your post about 3d made me wonder why I couldnt find any showtimes in 3d for this movie in India. It turns out Universal and theatre owners had a disagreement regarding 3d glasses revenue (huh?) and so its not releasing in 3d in India

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom will not release in 3D in India, confirms trade analyst

According to a report on Koimoi, the 3D version of the film might not release in India on June 7. We got in touch with trade analyst, Akshaye Rathi, Exhibitor-Distributor, and he confirmed that the film is not releasing in 3D in India.

The report suggests that Universal Pictures, makers of the film and Indian Exhibitors are fighting over money sharing on 3D glasses. Indian exhibitors, apparently, are not keen on sharing the 3D glasses revenue with the producers while the latter are insistent on 50 per cent of it as that’s the global norm. Thanks to the alleged fight, the exhibitors have apparently decided not toe release the 3D version of the film on June 7. So you will only get to watch the 2D version.

This will definitely affect numbers in India

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

Your post about 3d made me wonder why I couldnt find any showtimes in 3d for this movie in India. It turns out Universal and theatre owners had a disagreement regarding 3d glasses revenue (huh?) and so its not releasing in 3d in India

My dream. I hate 3D, but its the only option to watch the movie on a big screen here in Germany :whosad:

Just now, Brainbug said:

My dream. I hate 3D, but its the only option to watch the movie on a big screen here in Germany :whosad:

Yeah theatres here too love to shove 3d down our throats. Most of the cinemas and almost all of the PLF’s, 4dx and IMAX always show movies in 3d unless the movie itself is not in 3d like Deadpool. 

I too prefer watching in 2d but most of the time cant