CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World II OS Thread

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

John Marston and Thylos are really gunning for this film 

:hahaha:

With a 170m budget even if this movies would somehow drop drop 80% from it OW  everywere because of Aliens invading earth (OS and DOM) it will still have done enough to make it break even...

35 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

John Marston and Thylos are really gunning for this film 

:hahaha:

Yeah just like I was gunning for IW a few weeks ago, according to the jumping up and down people in this forum.

Edited by Thrylos 7

2 hours ago, Not really said:

Just for the sake of comparison, JW made $24.5M on Wednesday. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-jurassic-world-roars-801666

20.2m is an 8% drop from 24.5m. assuming the markets are similar, that's a great hold all said and done. it needs to do 625+ os-china (-20% from jw's 790) to keep a realistic shot at beating BP's ww alive. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, A2k Rex said:

20.2m is an 8% drop from 24.5m. assuming the markets are similar, that's a great hold all said and done. it needs to do 625+ os-china (-20% from jw's 790) to keep a realistic shot at beating BP's ww alive. 

3 hours ago, Not really said:

Just for the sake of comparison, JW made $24.5M on Wednesday. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-jurassic-world-roars-801666

Jurassic World 1 had China

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Decent Opening

Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom had a fair opening with first day collections around the 5.75-6 crore nett mark. The opening is not huge compared with recent Hollywood releases with Avengers - Infinity War breaking all records and even Deadpool 2 opening close to the 10 crore nett mark.

The original Jurassic Park released in 1994 was the first huge blockbuster in India from Hollywood as it became the fifth or sixth highest grossing film that year if we include Hindi films. Jurassic World released in 2015 did well as it grossed close to 90 crore nett and that film started at around 4.25 crore nett with a Thursday release liek Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom.

It will be very difficult for Fallen Kingdom to repeat the feat of Jurassic World but the four day weekend should be decent as families come on Saturday and Sunday.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=3999

1.15M opening, was expecting much more, this is even less than DP2. Not having 3D screens has definitely affected collections. Don't think it will even do 15M here. A bit disappointing but JW was a monster so hard to replicate it anyway.

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 2

jp1, titanic, sm1/2, f7/f8, jp2, tjb, aiw have been big at the indian bo. maybe missing a couple of movies.

(quantam of solace or some other bond movie had opened very well i think considering the screen size but fizzled out)

jp4 frankly should have made the list, atleast in the opening weekend.

the next shoe-in is tlk. if that doesn't set the bo on fire something went wrong. should match tjb (aiw was far bigger).

Edited by A2k Rex

So far all the available early numbers from opened European countries showed various drops. But most Asian countries increased.

Gonna be up to China and Latin America to determine how big a gap it’ll be compare to JW total.

(Probably mostly China cause I think overall, Latin America gonna show decreases too because of Incredibles 2 and World Cup as competitions)

• Like 2

575 os-china (-27% from jw1)

275 china (+20%)

= 850 os (-16.5%)

...looks reasonable at the moment.

375 (-42.5%) dom would then give 1225 ww (-27% .. same as os-china drop).

Edited by A2k Rex
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, A2k Rex said:

the next shoe-in is tlk. if that doesn't set the bo on fire something went wrong. should match tjb (aiw was far bigger).

If TLK does half of TJB in India, that would be a big achievement. TJB was so big because of the tv show that every kid in 80s, 90s grew up with.

@Sam coming to your point, I agree JW2 will have bigger opening than JW in asian markets but I am not sure if it can match the lifetime total of JW in most of the Asian markets except China because I don't know how it'll play out there. Asian markets except Japan are known for having big openings and small multipliers but JW is one of the most backloaded blockbusters I can remember. It had very good/insane legs in Asian markets. Will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

6 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Everywhere I looked is showing JW1 did about 4.6 nett in lc on OD compared to around 6 for JW2. I am pretty sure JW2 increased a bit over JW1

8.1cr is Gross which will be give 6.2cr nett and 1.2M in Dollars. I think it checks out.

Edit - oh you were talking about JW1 to JW2 increase, yea the first one did 4.3cr nett.

Edited by oMeriMombatti

21 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

So it only fell 5% despite having no 3D?

That seems good

Hardly surprising after what I saw yestersay! There's a sizeable chunk of Indians among other expat communities in Dubai and everyone seemed to have liked it better than JW. Pre sales weren't as strong as other blockbuster movies in general but the walk up sales are insane with  shows sold out throughout the day even during the muslim holy month of Ramadan with the majority of people fasting! Lots of kids with parents that grew up with the OT - I haven't seen this kind of interest & love for a JP movie in Dubai since TLW and that was a follow up to what was the highest grossing WW movie at the time. What's interesting is that JW seems to be a stronger force for attracting younger audiences than the OT. & FWIW Blue+Rexy are celebrities now. This will do well OS

5 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

8.1cr is Gross which will be give 6.2cr nett and 1.2M in Dollars. I think it checks out.

I’m not referring to that part. Im talking about the -5% thing which seems to imply that the OD for JW2 fell about 5% from JW1. 

JW1 had a nett OD of 4.6cr whereas JW2 is above 6cr nett. So JW2 increased over JW1 rather than decrease which is what I was pointing out. 

ER is also pretty similar now as compared to when JW1 came out so even in dollar terms JW2 increased over JW1 OD

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 3