CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World II OS Thread

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

My dream. I hate 3D, but its the only option to watch the movie on a big screen here in Germany :whosad:

India audiences lucked out

I had no idea that studios also got a share of 3D glasses and that it went to B.O. - or even that some charged for them (they come free here with the inflated ticket price) 

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I had no idea that studios also got a share of 3D glasses and that it went to B.O. - or even that some charged for them (they come free here with the inflated ticket price) 

They are free here too so I have no clue what the article actually means

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

They are free here too so I have no clue what the article actually means

the price of glasses is built into the 3d surcharge which the theaters may have to report and share to the studios i guess.

37 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

You dont actually read the threads at all, do you? Are you so pessimistic for a reason? I dont get this negativity. So far, JW2 looks in quite a healthy place.

His last few posts in here have been ignorant enough to warrant an ignore. Saves the effort and stops me getting annoyed when I read their posts.

They're either being a dick or just don't understand box office / ignoring what people who do understand it are saying.

14 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

In Malaysia, you can buy 3D glass for the 1st time, and bring them yourself when come to 3D showings, only 1 dollar will be charged to 3D showing with that approach.

The problem is, now, no more 3D showings offered here in Malaysia, even in IMAX version, even the mega-blockbuster infinity war got no 3D showings. 

27 minutes ago, A2k Rex said:

the price of glasses is built into the 3d surcharge which the theaters may have to report and share to the studios i guess.

In the U.K. you pay the surcharge and then a charge for glasses. 

Unless you keep them and bring them again 

• Like 1

Studios have forced 3D on general audiences, for years. Not everyone wants to pay a huge price to watch a crappy post conversion. It's not even real 3D, by the way.

Someday that'll backfire and people will completely reject 3D screenings. I'm already avoiding them 100%.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Studios have forced 3D on general audiences, for years. Not everyone wants to pay a huge price to watch a crappy post conversion. It's not even real 3D, by the way.

Someday that'll backfire and people will completely reject 3D screenings. I'm already avoiding them 100%.

In many conutries this has happened already.

• Like 1

JW2              AIW              TLJ              BP    
        Tot     Average  Tot     Average  Tot     Average  Tot     Average
T-7       2,845     711   17,751   3,550                     1,768     295
T-6       3,575     894   20,201   4,040                     2,117     353
T-5       4,461   1,115   22,713   4,543                     2,508     418
T-4       6,666   1,667   25,381   5,076                     4,467     745
T-3       8,942   2,236   28,832   5,766                     7,755   1,293
T-2      12,723   3,181   34,763   6,953    9,639   2,410   10,346   1,724
T-1      18,099   4,525   47,133   9,427   13,507   3,377   16,386   2,731
T        38,111   9,528   69,757  13,951   21,196   5,299   31,136   5,189

• Like 1

I think I'm in the minority because I love 3D lol. If a movie has a 3D version, I always choose the 3D screening. The ticket prices are either the same or around 70 cents higher (in USD). So, not that much different from 2D. Unfortunately for me, 3D screenings are getting rare these days. Now they're mostly for IMAX and 4DX only.

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

If glassless 3D going to help all the grievance? It seem like most complaint goes to the glass... 

1 hour ago, Quigley said:

JW:FK got demolished in SK with an 81% second-day drop. Not the end of the world though. Will have a much higher OW (incl. previews) than JW1. 

* because it opened on a holiday and those kind of drops are common. 

You forgot to include that part ;)

plus, no one is worried about it, so we know it’s not the end of the world. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

* because it opened on a holiday and those kind of drops are common. 

You forgot to include that part ;)

plus, no one is worried about it, so we know it’s not the end of the world. 

And you forgot to mention that the drop is worse than the drop that the mummy had last year (same holiday), just to put it in to context.

That said I expect a rebound on Friday. 

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 3

Just now, pepsa said:

And you forgot to mention that the drop is worse than the drop that the mummy had last year, just to put it in to context.

That said I expect a rebound on Friday. 

Were you not expecting Jurassic Park 5 to have a bigger element of fan base rush on day 1 than Mummy?

• Like 1