grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

• Founder / Operator
4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Highlight of the entire Pirates saga: the three-way sword fight/wheel of fortune. 

For me it's Zimmer and Badelt's scores, but I agree that was an excellent set piece. Fond memories of watching those movies in the theaters. No one saw Barbossa's return coming at the end of DMC, and that spawned a two-hour debate in the parking lot among my friends. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I feel that way about every Transformers movie. 

The Transformers movie could cut out at least an hour of footage and it wouldn't make a difference. They're just unnecessarily cruelly long.

nowadays I spend lots of time just checking east coast time, Movietickets.com and Fandango Box office meter, for me, they do have correlation with the dem BO result.

Cars 3 mostly sell better during the daytime, and WW gets the upperhand into the night. Now it looks like WW is going to get ahead of Cars on Saturday. Hopefully stay that way Sunday.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shawn said:

For me it's Zimmer and Badelt's scores, but I agree that was an excellent set piece. Fond memories of watching those movies in the theaters. No one saw Barbossa's return coming at the end of DMC, and that spawned a two-hour debate in the parking lot among my friends. 

Davy Jones' music was f*cking incredible.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Verbinski's done a lot of great stuff, but he'll never top this.

Hide contents

The best part about this was it happens about 2 minutes after the uber-melodramatic scene of dozens of Native American warriors being slaughtered in slow-mo during a charge by Gatling guns.

The sudden changes of tone in the movie are awesome in their nonsense

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

The Transformers movie could cut out at least an hour of footage and it wouldn't make a difference. They're just unnecessarily cruelly long.

Could you imagine if the rumor about The Last Knight being 3 hours turned out to be true. If it's one thing a Transformers movie doesn't need is more running time. 

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Guy is shooting his shot. Can't blame the man going for the safe buckets.

The Han Solo thread was a godsend. My ratio is somewhat secure for the time being.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I really like AWE -- albeit, on a guilty pleasure level at times. But I agree with this sentiment.

In fact, if Pirates 6 happens, I'd love to see Verbinski come back for it. #WontHappen

Hi! Welcome to the forums. Im baumer, one of mods here. We hope you enjoy your stay. :sparta:

• Like 3