Finnick

Tuesday Numbers : TF5: $5.68M | CARS3: $4.1M(Deadline) | WW: $3.9M (So long SS!!) | BD: $2.1M (Previews)

Just now, 75live said:

nope, not just you.  This number literally proves nothing of how it will do either way :P 

But this is a box office site so people like to use it to keep the talk going which makes sense :) 

That's true.  The boards wouldn't be fun if people didn't leap to conclusions.  I mean I hope it does over 100mil because an original movie doing well would be great.

BD's number maybe great, holds could be phenomenal, but sometime holding good doesn't mean your theater count wouldn't be shed if your absolute number of box office is not huge, this is especially true if the market is competitive, just like hidden figure, it held so well into march, but its absolute number isn't big enough for it to keep its screen through insane march.....

Theater manager still would cut your showtimes if can't posted great figure despite holding very strong

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

The serious role!

I have not seen BD yet, but from the trailer Ansel reminds me of Cruise in Risky Business. I think this is his defying breakout role. He's gonna have a bright acting future

dude has such dorky charisma

• Like 1

This day is fantastic!

Baby Driver is gonna make all the money regardless of what anyone says. 

Deadpool 2 is shooting and Ricky Baker is officially gonna be in it. 

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE! WOOOOO

3 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think I'm one of those few people who likes Ansel Elgort because he was really charismatic and good and that weepy Shailene Woodley movie.

Me and Ethan both love the book and the movie.  Terrific piece of literature and both he and Shaileen were outstanding in FiOS.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

BD's number maybe great, holds could be phenomenal, but sometime holding good doesn't mean your theater count wouldn't be shed if your absolute number of box office is not huge, this is especially true if the market is competitive, just like hidden figure, it held so well into march, but its absolute number isn't big enough for it to keep its screen through insane march.....

Theater manager still would cut your showtimes if can't posted great figure despite holding very strong

The movie literally just came out. It's keeping its theaters for at least two weeks. And if theaters see it holding on really well, they're not getting rid of it. 

I have never seen people so excited for a 2.1 million midnight number. Lol

People are talking about this like it did 5 Million last night or something. I know I'm being a buzz Killington but I just can't help it.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

For a comedy this summer?  It's enormous:)...

Is it a $100M guarantee...not yet...but to win the summer comedy crown, so far, you only need about $60M...and I think that preview number will guarantee that final number...

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

People are talking about this like it did 5 Million last night or something. I know I'm being a buzz Killington but I just can't help it.

Now you know what it feels like to be those Wonder Woman haters.

It's an Edgar Wright movie. Expectations weren't that high. It's a positive start. It means it might actually make a decent gross for once. I mean, a club for example has the bar at 60m which gives you an idea of what expectations were like. 2.1 is a good start towards that.

• Like 3

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

We have an original movie that posted great reviews and looks to be headed to a pretty good box office run. Not everything has to revolve around giant numbers that involve tentpoles and blockbusters. This number is good and people are excited about it because it's not everyday we have an original film like this (potentially) breaking out. These are the kinds of performances that are necessary for other films like Baby Driver to be made. 

• Like 3

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

For a comedy this summer?  It's enormous:)...

Is it a $100M guarantee...not yet...but to win the summer comedy crown, so far, you only need about $60M...and I think that preview number will guarantee that final number...

Listen I'm on the side of the angels, I want the movie to do as much as humanly possible but I just can't count my chickens before they're hatched.

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Now you know what it feels like to be those Wonder Woman haters.

It's an Edgar Wright movie. Expectations weren't that high. It's a positive start. It means it might actually make a decent gross for once. I mean, a club for example has the bar at 60m which gives you an idea of what expectations were like. 2.1 is a good start towards that.

No I don't know what the Wonder Woman Haters are going through because I love Edgar Wright and I would be surprised if I didn't like the movie after seeing it. Also Wonder Woman is doing massive numbers so there's absolutely no comparison.

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

No I don't know what the Wonder Woman Haters are going through because I love Edgar Wright and I would be surprised if I didn't like the movie after seeing it. Also Wonder Woman is doing massive numbers so there's absolutely no comparison.

I'm not talking in terms of scale, I'm just saying people chiming in with pessimistic outlooks while most people are positive, literally that's it.

5 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Listen I'm on the side of the angels, I want the movie to do as much as humanly possible but I just can't count my chickens before they're hatched.

Optimism for good original movies...it's always more fun to be the optimist than the pessimist.