Finnick

Tuesday Numbers : TF5: $5.68M | CARS3: $4.1M(Deadline) | WW: $3.9M (So long SS!!) | BD: $2.1M (Previews)

14 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think I'm one of those few people who likes Ansel Elgort because he was really charismatic and good and that weepy Shailene Woodley movie.

I feel the same way, I don't feel he's particularly good looking, but he's really charming that I really like seeing him in films, and yes, my favourite film of his is also Fault in our stars.

• Like 4

Just now, NCsoft said:

I feel the same way, I don't feel he's particularly good looking, but he's really charming that I really like seeing him in films, and yes, my favourite film of his is also Fault in our stars.

:wub::wub::wub:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I'm still pissed TFIOS missed out top 25 list in 2014

I'm still pissed Shaileen wasn't nominated for best actress.

• Like 3

Waiting to see what the movie is going to do is pessimistic?

I wasn't on here at the time but honestly I waited until Wonder Woman's weekend numbers were in to make definitive comments about how well it did. And I've made other comments about waiting for its weekend multiplier so I haven't just been letting Wonder Woman off the hook. 

If I can be honest with everyone for a second, that 11 million midnight number made me incredibly nervous because it was nowhere near the numbers of the past dceu movies. There was a little fairy in my head telling me wow Warner Brothers really did botch the marketing. And to this day I still don't think the marketing was as good as it should have been, although it was good.

Anyway Wonder Woman has proven over the weeks that it's a good performer I just want to wait until at least the opening day before I bring out the confetti. That doesn't mean that you guys can't bring out the confetti. I will join you when I see the rest of the numbers. Lol

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Waiting to see what the movie is going to do is pessimistic?

I wasn't on here at the time but honestly I waited until Wonder Woman's weekend numbers were in to make definitive comments about how well it did. And I've made other comments about waiting for its weekend multiplier so I haven't just been letting Wonder Woman off the hook. 

If I can be honest with everyone for a second, that 11 million midnight number made me incredibly nervous because it was nowhere near the numbers of the past dceu movies. There was a little fairy in my head telling me wow Warner Brothers really did botch the marketing. And to this day I still don't think the marketing was as good as it should have been, although it was good.

I mean, you said yourself you felt like you were being a buzzkill. Isn't that being pessimistic in a sense?

Nobody here is even saying it's gonna do 100m just yet (at least not seriously). Trust me when I say, most of us here know there's still a lot of things to go, a lot of us here have followed box office for over a decade and have had our hearts crushed by various box office runs. People here are saying it's a good start but I don't think we're getting too carried away. And for previews, I think it's about as well as can be hoped for.

Edited by MrPink

Fuckkkkkkkkkk the Fault in Our Stars. My sister, three grandparents, and uncle died of cancer. It ain't some backdrop for teeny bopper Twilight bullshit. That's not just FIOS- fuck movies like Me and Earl and the Dying Girl too. I'm fine with cancer (a part of life) being featured in movies, but FOH with using it as a framing device for some YA romance.

Anyway, great start for Baby Driver. I've long said anything above 50m would be outstanding for it considering it's niche appeal and lack of bankable stars. I agree with The Wolf assessments always, but that's exceeding my expectations. I'm probably gonna catch it tonight.

17 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

What do his looks have to do with anything? Why are you so shallow?

44 minutes ago, a2knet said:

How different is this year for animations...

Using animations that did 40+ dom, last year we had

Dory 486

Pets 368

Zootp 341

Sing 270

Moana 249

Trolls 154

Sausage Party 98

Storks 73

Kubo 48

This year it's been

Lego Bat 175

Boss Baby 173

Cars3 ~150

Captain Underpants ~75

Smurfs3 44

with DM3 and COCO to go.

2015 was the Year of Universal.

2016 was the Year of Computer Animation/Talking Animals.

2017 could be the Year of Superheroes.

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think 71% is good enough for blockbusters. Both Beauty and the Beast and Jurassic world had that rating. By the way Beauty and the Beast is really lame.

When someone is deciding whether to shell out 10-20 bucks and spend time and energy going to the movies, a 71% fresh score might not be a strong enough motivator.

Versus 85+% and the odds of being entertained makes it worth the gamble.

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

And yet we keep hearing how Superhero fatigue has set in from people who don't know what the word fatigue means.

99% of the time 'SH fatigue' is brought up it's from people mocking the idea.

I'm sure as hell fatigued by SH movies but I know better than to think that's a mainstream sentiment.