Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Also thinking Coco at best is doing DM3 numbers. Coco seems likely to do Ratatouille numbers in my opinion. Disney will barely market it in favor for Thor and Jedi and faces The Star, JL, Ferdinand, and Jumanji in terms of family competition.

I think so too. When/what's Pixar's next original after Coco?

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Lion King > Zootopia > Beauty and The Beast (1990)

Aladdin > The Little Mermaid > Wreck it Ralph > Zootopia > Ratatoillie > Lion King/Beauty and the Beast/Finding Nemo/etc

I am king of edgelords when it comes to animation.

5 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Geez, no one is saying it's doing poorly and no one is saying 400m or bust. I would love it to reach it, THAT IS ALL! lol

I think most would hope for that because if for no other reason that would make an already great box office story even greater. But that was always a tall order, especially with Spidey coming out next weekend. And if one made a bet or club about it, I understand why the numbers would be disappointing from that angle.

I guess I'm only looking at it from the standpoint that dropping under 50% for these big openings for 4 weeks is impressive in this day and age.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I think so too. When/what's Pixar's next original after Coco?

There's two untitled Pixar originals in 2020.

• Like 1

@filmnerdjamie the entire Fiasco had some serious repercussions. I didn't open your link but if you are talking about the betting stuff then check out one of the pinned threads at the top of the page about betting.

12 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Also thinking Coco at best is doing DM3 numbers. Coco seems likely to do Ratatouille numbers in my opinion. Disney will barely market it in favor for Thor and Jedi and faces The Star, JL, Ferdinand, and Jumanji in terms of family competition.

To be honest, I find lack of commitment from disney marketing as pixar is not longer their biggest money generator as when they release so many big tent-poles in a season, CoCo even need the help from Frozen's olaf..... 

43 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I'm actually starting to think Incredibles 2 has a legitimate shot of doing $500M domestic.

Didn't even realize Bird was writing and directing until just now. Excellent. Dude needs to get back on his feet. Can't wait now. Don't see $500M DOM... Even Dory couldn't accomplish that. But, I'd say $400M+ DOM is a likely total. Title should definitely be The Incredbles II... Just seems right that way. Awesome, clean, simply logo too.

latest?cb=20150814230353

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

I fear how Lion King live action will be like. How can it live up to the original...

When the camera zooms into Mufasa's face, then Scar says "Long live the king" and everything around darkens a bit but Mufasa's eyes which grow brighter and wider...will they recreate those magic moments the same way? I feel pessimistic about it.

• Like 1

And to all of the Wonder Woman Looney's out there nobody is saying anything bad about the movie. It has already exceeded everyone's expectations so if you see someone that says something about it not making a certain amount or having a certain hold or what not don't get all defensive about it. Some of you guys remind me of the joke in the movie White Men Can't Jump when one of the guys makes a joke to one of his friends as an insult and says yo your mother is an astronaut and the friend gets all pissed off. And then the guy who made the joke says yo that's not an insult. That's how you guys are coming off right now LOL.... just ready two be offended or defend the movie anytime something is remotely perceived as some kind of a diss towards it LOL

• Like 8

Just now, baumer said:

Oh and @filmnerdjamie giantcal might not be joining us again for a very long time. And no he is not suspended but.....

We've all been wrong before (and will be again). But what I can't stand is an outright shit-talker like that.

Just don't be a jackass about it and nobody will act that way to you when/if you are wrong.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I'm actually starting to think Incredibles 2 has a legitimate shot of doing $500M domestic.

Would really like to see that but i dont see it. Same Case as Deadpool 2: Too much competition. I think JW2 is going 180M+ OW and there are only so many blockbusters the market can handle.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I fear how Lion King live action will be like. How can it live up to the original...

When the camera zooms into Mufasa's face, then Scar says "Long live the king" and everything around darkens a bit but Mufasa's eyes which grow brighter and wider...will they recreate those magic moments the same way? I feel pessimistic about it.

Beauty and the Beast didn't live up to the original... Still was able to bank $505M DOM. It'll be good enough. I have faith in Favs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, baumer said:

And to all of the Wonder Woman Looney's out there nobody is saying anything bad about the movie. It has already exceeded everyone's expectations so if you see someone that says something about it not making a certain amount or having a certain hold or what not don't get all defensive about it. Some of you guys remind me of the joke in the movie White Men Can't Jump when one of the guys makes a joke to one of his friends as an insult and says yo your mother is an astronaut and the friend gets all pissed off. And then the guy who made the joke says yo that's not an insult. That's how you guys are coming off right now LOL.... just ready two be offended or defend the movie anytime something is remotely perceived as some kind of a diss towards it LOL

Yup. Given the OW projections seems more muted than I expected for Spidey, I doubt it happens... But, if Spidey somehow opens pretty huge, coasts on summer days and holds well enough to win the summer after Woman Woman passes Guardians Vol. 2, some of the loonies will be very, very edgy. Incredible run for Wonder Woman. No one is saying otherwise.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Would really like to see that but i dont see it. Same Case as Deadpool 2: Too much competition. I think JW2 is going 180M+ OW and there are only so many blockbusters the market can handle.

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Impossible for it to do more than Dory

8 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Didn't even realize Bird was writing and directing until just now. Excellent. Dude needs to get back on his feet. Can't wait now. Don't see $500M DOM... Even Dory couldn't accomplish that. But, I'd say $400M+ DOM is a likely total. Title should definitely be The Incredbles II... Just seems right that way. Awesome, clean, simply logo too.

latest?cb=20150814230353

If there is one thing Incredibles 2 has to it's advantage for $500M chances is that there won't be a big family film in the first half of 2018. Peter Rabbit has the best chance out of all the January to May animated movies to do $100M domestic and that's still a 50% chance. Even for legs it's only true competition is HT3 (7/13) which might do KFP3 numbers and Amusement Park (8/10) which will do around $70M. 

Edited by YourMother

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Beauty and the Beast didn't live up to the original... Still was able to bank $505M DOM. It'll be good enough. I have faith in Favs.

Oh bo-wise I have no doubt it will do insane. Just thinking reception wise.