Alpha

CAYOM - New Franchise Rights Thread

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

I agree with you that Roger Rabbit is a perfect movie. So is Jaws.

And if you're bothered by my reaction, you really shouldn't be. Numbers did the same thing for me for Book of Mormon back in the day and although I never wrote it, I'm sure if the game hadn't had imploded it would've hit its internal release date of Y11. Now I've shelved it lol but my point is don't be bothered by me warning you that I think an adaptation is a bad idea. Do whatever you want :)

Don't you even think about resurrecting that idea.

giphy.webp

• Like 1

I would like to get film rights for the following properties if they're available; if I missed any on the big list on the first page, that's okay.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba

To Your Eternity

Beastars

Wii Sports (and other games by Nintendo with the Wii prefix, such as Wii Fit, Wii Play, etc.)

Loveless (the Russian Oscar nominee from last year)

Things Fall Apart (by Chinua Achebe)

Run With The Wind

The Ancient Magus' Bride

Golden Kamuy

Hinamatsuri

Banana Fish

The Stanley Parable

Return of the Obra Dinn

The Graveyard Book (by Neil Gaiman)

Onion John (by Joseph Krumgold)

Out Of My Mind (by Sharon Draper)

Out Of The Dust (by Karen Hesse)

Island of the Blue Dolphins (by Scott O'Dell)

Rules (by Cynthia Lord)

Schooled (by Gordon Korman)

Bud, Not Buddy (by Christopher Paul Curtis)

A Single Shard (by Linda Sue Park)

Walk Two Moons (by Sharon Creech)

Dear Mr. Henshaw (by Beverly Cleary)

Secret of the Andes (by Ann Nolan Clark)

The Slave Dancer (by Paula Fox)

Peak (by Roland Smith)

I've written books, plays, and short stories that I think it'd be fun to use for this, but I don't think those would be something I'd have to get the rights to like I would other IPs and fictional works; the plays were performed, but none of my works have been sold for profit as of this time.

Edit: I'd like to add a few more to that:

American Born Chinese (by Gene Luen Yang)

Death or Glory 

Sabrina (by Nick Drnaso)

Hyper Light Drifter

Love in a Dangerous Spacetime

Gunman Clive

Dillon's Rolling Western

Stardew Valley

Two Brothers (the 2004 film)

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I would like to get film rights for the following properties if they're available; if I missed any on the big list on the first page, that's okay.

Things Fall Apart (by Chinua Achebe)

Island of the Blue Dolphins (by Scott O'Dell)

Both have been made into a movies in Y3, unfortunately.

It's totally fine if you want to use material you had written on your own BTW. Since they're technically your own works, you wouldn't need to do anything. (And for Oscar purposes, you'd campaign them as Original Screenplays.)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

@Slambros Island of the Blue Dolphins has already been adapted in the game. Everything else is fair game from what I can see. 👍

15 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

Both have been made into a movies in Y3, unfortunately.

It's totally fine if you want to use material you had written on your own BTW. Since they're technically your own works, you wouldn't need to do anything. (And for Oscar purposes, you'd campaign them as Original Screenplays.)

Those two are especially good material for film, so I completely understand that! Thank you guys!

And I can definitely see myself using my own works for this, so thank you for the guidance, Spaghetti!

12 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

@Slambros although I already made it Y3, you can have the rights to Things Fall Apart although I don’t think you’ll be able to make a movie until Y8 or so about it.

Thank you! I think I'll be alright to hold off from making the film until then because I certainly got a really big haul of other good material!

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 6:25 PM, Blankments said:

I vehemently oppose an Over the Garden Wall adaptation of any kind in the same vein as I oppose a Hamilton adaptation or a Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid sequel. Good luck cookie getting past this if you do a project based on it.

Having just watched it for the first time, I’m afraid I’m gonna have to agree with Blanks on this one @cookie

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cookie said:

If it really bothers y’all that much I’ll drop it and let it be someone else’s problem.

It doesn’t. There have been really good adaptations of stuff here in CAYOM and some really bad ones. If you do end up making it, I’m hoping it ends up good. I just think making it is gonna be a tad bit tricky. Hoping you can pull it off.

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 11:08 AM, Blankments said:

Anyone have rights to Portal in this game yet? If not, I may re-release my 2.0 film and finish off the trilogy (I'd split Portal 2 into two movies)

Finally found out, @That One Guy owns the rights but he has left the forum a few months ago and hasn’t participated in the game, so I suppose Portal rights can go to @Blankments

• Like 1