Alpha

CAYOM - New Franchise Rights Thread

30 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

More that you might as well do something original with a concept of a virtual world rather than dip into that well

It's the same reason I essentially have an Apoc reaction to Xillix doing Jaws 5, Blank doing Roger Rabbit 2, your doing an Atlantis sequel, etc

I see your point regarding those three but I disagree regarding Tron. I think the Tronverse has potential to expand unlike say Jaws which had nowhere to go after one movie in the first place.

And it’s not like Legacy was a huge bomb...

5 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

More that you might as well do something original with a concept of a virtual world rather than dip into that well

It's the same reason I essentially have an Apoc reaction to Xillix doing Jaws 5, Blank doing Roger Rabbit 2, your doing an Atlantis sequel, etc

eh... it's pretty much impossible to do a "cartoons and humans living together" story without being labeled a Roger Rabbit rip-off. Might as well just go forth and keep the franchise alive

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

On 11/28/2018 at 11:43 AM, Blankments said:

eh... it's pretty much impossible to do a "cartoons and humans living together" story without being labeled a Roger Rabbit rip-off. Might as well just go forth and keep the franchise alive

I mean you try the formula in a different genre. 

Couldn't find any of these listed in the first post or in the original archive, so please let me know if any of these are taken. Otherwise, if they're free, I'd like to claim:

Hostel
Red Dead Redemption
Swamp Thing
Swan Song (book by Robert R. McCammon)

Edited by vault2008
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, vault2008 said:

Couldn't find any of these listed in the first post or in the original archive, so please let me know if any of these are taken. Otherwise, if they're free, I'd like to claim:

Hostel
Red Dead Redemption
Swamp Thing

I believe @4815162342 owns Red Dead Redemption but otherwise everything seems good.

Welcome to the game, we still have a lot of spots open for Y5.

1 minute ago, vault2008 said:

Hostel
Red Dead Redemption
Swamp Thing

Glad to see you're joining in!

On the note of franchise rights, I think the rights to Mario and Earthbound were offered but unclaimed; if you want them, you can claim those. And I see that you're interested in video games, so I can straight-up give you the rights to Counter Strike if you want it.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 1:41 PM, Slambros said:

Glad to see you're joining in!

On the note of franchise rights, I think the rights to Mario and Earthbound were offered but unclaimed; if you want them, you can claim those. And I see that you're interested in video games, so I can straight-up give you the rights to Counter Strike if you want it.

Appreciate it, thanks for the welcome!

If you're offering up Counter-Strike, sure, I'll take it. Could get something brewing. I appreciate it, thank you.

• Like 2

And the first post has been updated after God knows how long! :D

@4815162342 @cookie @Xillix @Rorschach @Spagspiria @YourMother the Edgelord @Ethan Hunt @Reddroast @Blankments @Slambros @vault2008

I'd also like to make the announcement that will giving up the rights to these films:

Mario

The Legend of Zelda

Kirby

Earthbound

Fire Emblem

Kid Icarus

Pikmin

Conker

Come and get 'em.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 3

Giving up the rights for

Dax

Jak and Daxter

The Haunted World of El Superbeasto

Robot Chicken

The Spiderwick Chronicles

Young Justice

Things Fall Apart ( @Slambros now has the rights)

Balto

Uglies

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof 

Mighty Mouse

Popeye

Steven Universe

I would like to claim Kid Icarus though.