Finnick

Wednesday Numbers : DM3:$7.99M | WW:$2.08M (Off %25 from last Wednesday) | TF5:$1.91M

If WONDR dropped nearly 50% then DM3 could drop 55% considering it's the movie's 1st Wed and it's putting in relatively bigger numbers.

-55% would be around 5.7.

EDIT: DM3 did 8m. So I know shit about BO.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Under normal circumstances, this is how WW could perform:

2.1M

1.9M (-10%)

2.9M (+55%)

4M (+38%)

3M (-25%)

9.9M Weekend, 37% drop

Spider-Man fucks things up quite a bit. These are the Friday increases when other funny book movies open in the summer:

IM3 with MOS: 38.1% (lost 702 theaters to 1,649)

MOS to Wolverine: -7.8% (lost 549 theaters to 501)

Ant-Man to F4: +51.4% (lost 412 theaters to 2,910)

Ant-Man to FANT4STIC is probably the best comparison because that was having great WOM. If it follows Ant-Man with a 10% drop today:

2.9M

4.1M

3M

10M Weekend, 35% drop

Thanks. Using this for my derby.

If WONDR can do 9-9.5 this weekend for low 40s drop, GOTG2 is so going down.

Curious to see how GOTG2 is impacted by Spidey. On one hand they are from the same universe, on the other hand it's a different studio so double-viewings ect won't happen.

Maybe MCU fans could ditch GOTG2 all together this weekend and impact it negatively or get curious to catch it once again and help it.

I think it will fall 50%+.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yea...Transformers dailies for the last 4 or 5 days have been pretty good.  

Almost like it's hitting a core audience that wouldn't reject it...9-15 year old boys (the same ones that probably helped Pirates)...and yet, someone was making fun of me last week for pointing this out, and saying it would help it not collapse like Mummy and Aliens did (since those movies couldn't rely on this audience)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

If WONDR can do 9-9.5 this weekend for low 40s drop, GOTG2 is so going down.

Curious to see how GOTG2 is impacted by Spidey. On one hand they are from the same universe, on the other hand it's a different studio so double-viewings ect won't happen.

Maybe MCU fans could ditch GOTG2 all together this weekend and impact it negatively or get curious to catch it once again and help it.

I think it will fall 50%+.

If WW can do this much against Spidey then not only GoTG2 is going down but also Tele's club will be  success.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Almost like it's hitting a core audience that wouldn't reject it...9-15 year old boys (the same ones that probably helped Pirates)...and yet, someone was making fun of me last week for pointing this out, and saying it would help it not collapse like Mummy and Aliens did (since those movies couldn't rely on this audience)...

Yep, good point.  Although it's a huge disappointment in NA, maybe it can leg it out to something like 140 or maybe 150.  I know it's a long shot but with summer weekdays and if it doesn't get destroyed by Spider-man, it could have a shot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

That audience can/could've seen The Mummy.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That audience can/could've seen The Mummy.

No interest...but that core audience loves robot and pirate battles...if they want monsters, they play D&D, not watch it in their movies...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1