CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

@grim22

Where does this come from?

"No Marvel vs DC clubs for movies post the 2008 movies, and especially for movies released in the same year."

I think its a rule they've had for sometime now. No Marvel vs DC clubs. 

You could change your club to +/-1% of the highest grossing origin story for a live action comic book film :ph34r:

Just now, cookie said:

Maybe point to more than one movie as an example when saying they've done "a whole lot of things" right. Fant4stic wasn't that long ago.

As much as I dislike it Deadpool

(Also letting Boone do his thing with New Mutants is super exciting)

3 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

@grim22

Where does this come from?

"No Marvel vs DC clubs for movies post the 2008 movies, and especially for movies released in the same year."

The mods decided that after we had too much heartache last year modding threads. Why do you think the franchise wars thread exists. 

That rule is the reason we didn't allow ijack to open a WW over Guardians 2 thread, or for this: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/23375-the-league-gets-hammered-thor-ragnarok-over-justice-league-club/#comment-2860038

We just don't allow Marvel vs DC threads anymore. Not worth the hassle.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nova said:

So this weekend is shaping up to be a great one. All the hold overs are doing fantastic except for TF5(LOL). Spidey fever has taken over and looks like is here to stay. I leave for my trip to Malaysia tomorrow morning so sadly I will not see what the actuals are but I know Spider-man is going to hold well and out perform expectations. 

Go Spidey Go! 

PS I need some good luck wishes. I'm gonna ask my girl friend to marry me while I'm on the trip so here's hoping she says yes :wub:

I can't give you a like (Blame Diana (and Steve) and her sexy legs) so take a GIF instead.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I've never understood the love GoTG1 gets. It's a (largely) forgettable film aside from one joke Zoe Saldana's character says and when Groot saves everyone. GotG2 is far superior and is possibly one of the absolute best efforts from Marvel.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I think its a rule they've had for sometime now. No Marvel vs DC clubs. 

You could change your club to +/-1% of the highest grossing origin story for a live action comic book film :ph34r:

I've looked and I can't find mention of it anywhere. 

It's a kumbaya thread. Everyone coming together in harmony. Peace will reign upon the great divide. 

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

How does Deadpool and Logan prove they'll get Fantastic Four right? Fox hates the Fantastic Four property and doesn't understand it at all.

#creativefreedom

It doesn't prove it'll be good but I have a hell of a lot more faith in Fox right now than I do the MCU

• Like 1

Just now, Noctis said:

I've never understood the love GoTG1 gets. It's a (largely) forgettable film aside from one joke Zoe Saldana's character says and when Groot saves everyone. GotG2 is far superior and is possibly one of the absolute best efforts from Marvel.

The freshness and the newness of the concept on screen...it's why few sequels gain more love than the original work...there are a few, but not many...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

I've looked and I can't find mention of it anywhere. 

It's a kumbaya thread. Everyone coming together in harmony. Peace will reign upon the great divide. 

It was a good club. Be clever and think of any other way you can get that club. Nova idea is good.

• Like 1