CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

Hoping Homecoming can really play up the family crowd for Saturday and Sunday, that the drops aren't too bad. Would love to see an increase from true Friday on Saturday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

WW is the most Marvel like of DCEU films in tone and characterization -  CA:TFA + Thor with with a woman lead and lots of slow-mo.

WW while being unoriginal is nothing like TFA and thor. That's a good thing 'cos it's much better than both.

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

MCU movies ate ugly. They are no fun to look at. Granted it looks like Waiititititufiiriititititi and God Cooler are gonna verve it up a little bit so maybe they're headed in the right direction

Don't disagree. Guardians Vol. 2 ain't ugly though. Prettiest and most imaginatively designed superhero flick this year. 

• Like 2

Not following a formula does not equal a great movie. I'm not going to apologize for wanting decent/likable characters and a semi-coherent 3 act structure. I know my fellow DC fans want people to apologize from wanting those things but nobody will. Those things are why Wonder Woman is headed towards a near 4.0 multiplier while BvS had a 1.99 multiplier.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Trailers didn't really impress me visually but maybe when I see the film as a whole. Anyways looks like they're heading into a more comic booky aesthetic in their next couple films and I'm pretty down with that

What happened to a double feature with BD?

2 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Rank the Best Fantasy Franchises

1. Pokemon

2. Game of Thrones

3. Middle Earth

4. The Legend of Zelda

5. Oz

6. Harry Potter

7. The Dark Tower

8. The Witcher

9. The Chronicles of Narnia

10. Warcraft

Game of thrones

Harry potter

Witcher

Borderlands

Middle earth

Dragon ball

Attack on titan

Elder scrolls

Mario

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Rank the Best Fantasy Franchises

1. Pokemon

2. Game of Thrones

3. Middle Earth

4. The Legend of Zelda

5. Oz

6. Harry Potter

7. The Dark Tower

8. The Witcher

9. The Chronicles of Narnia

10. Warcraft

• Like 1

What on Earth am I reading? Regardless of how you feel about the MCU, the whole universe itself is a risk. Like who the hell knew who Iron Man was? Who Captain America was? Who Thor was? Who Ant-man was? Who any of the characters in GOTG are? And no comic book fans do NOT count. Now ask these questions and the majority of folks will give you an answer. Not because they read comic books but because the MCU has gotten that huge. The MCU isn't just some niche universe that has a comic book following. It is massive. It is part of our pop culture now. And each film thats been released has for the most part been a success financially and critically. When we look at the movies now, sure they not be seen as risks to some but just remember that this universe wasn't planned out over night. The movies that are coming out now were planned a while ago....during a time when no one had a clue just how big this universe would be. And thats why no matter how formulaic some of you think MCU movies might be, the universe as a whole is one big risk. A risk that now we can look at it as being extremely successful. 

I will never not be amazed at what Kevin Feige has been able to do. The guy took a bunch of D-list comic book characters and made them insanely popular....all the while producing some quality ass films. Created universes for each one of these characters AND on top of that was able to bring the characters together on screen for The Avengers. It's all extremely remarkable to me and something I never thought would ever happen the way it has. 

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

MCU movies ate ugly. They are no fun to look at. Granted it looks like Waiititititufiiriititititi and God Cooler are gonna verve it up a little bit so maybe they're headed in the right direction

DCEU movies are the epitome of ugly blockbusters. Even with as much as I love WW, it still ain't a pretty film visually. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nova said:

What on Earth am I reading? Regardless of how you feel about the MCU, the whole universe itself is a risk. Like who the hell knew who Iron Man was? Who Captain America was? Who Thor was? Who Ant-man was? Who any of the characters in GOTG are? And no comic book fans do NOT count. Now ask these questions and the majority of folks will give you an answer. Not because they read comic books but because the MCU has gotten that huge. The MCU isn't just some niche universe that has a comic book following. It is massive. It is part of our pop culture now. And each film thats been released has for the most part been a success financially and critically. When we look at the movies now, sure they not be seen as risks to some but just remember that this universe wasn't planned out over night. The movies that are coming out now were planned a while ago....during a time when no one had a clue just how big this universe would be. And thats why no matter how formulaic some of you think MCU movies might be, the universe as a whole is one big risk. A risk that now we can look at it as being extremely successful. 

I will never not be amazed at what Kevin Feige has been able to do. The guy took a bunch of D-list comic book characters and made them insanely popular....all the while producing some quality ass films. Created universes for each one of these characters AND on top of that was able to bring the characters together on screen for The Avengers. It's all extremely remarkable to me and something I never thought would ever happen the way it has. 

No ever said the success isn't astounding and that it wasn't s risky proposition but tys films themselves remain pretty safe as far as their content

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

DCEU movies are the epitome of ugly blockbusters. Even with as much as I love WW, it still ain't a pretty film visually. 

WW at least has some scope to it.

Civil War looks like it was made for TV

• Like 2

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

No ever said the success isn't astounding and that it wasn't s risky proposition but tys films themselves remain pretty safe as far as their content

You can say that now because the movies are successful. But when these movies were planned out long ago no one had any clue if they would be well received or not....or if the GA would eat it up. Thats the point. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AJG said:

WW is the most unoriginal superhero movie this year (which says a lot since Homecoming is the third Spidey reboot)

But it was very well executed. It's all about the execution. I wish I had a dime every time I saw a movie that had a really good premise but was ruined through lousy execution.