CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Alright show of hands: Who would join an IT DOM. total over the top 5 combined September OW's (so over $201,935,660)?

I might.

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Alright show of hands: Who would join an IT DOM. total over the top 5 combined September OW's (so over $201,935,660)?

I would join. Im expecting It to destroy horror records.

• Like 1

Everything the Andrew Garfield films did wrong, this film did right.

Edited by Jawa
Didn't want to risk my thoughts on the film being too spoilery.

4 hours ago, Orestes said:

Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman in the same movie was risky..? Man, this sites definition of risky is becoming almost as bad as its definition of original.

Risky as in making a political movie about power and deconstructing our heroes, killing on of them and that's partially why it didn't do as well (also for the reason that the theatrical version was dogshit compared to the ultimate edition)

Risky as in making a political movie about power and deconstructing our heroes, killing on of them and that's partially why it didn't do as well (also for the reason that the theatrical version was dogshit compared to the ultimate edition)

The Ultimate Edition was a lot better, but the third act still gives me a headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It earned $35,000,000 on Friday when you subtract the Thursday-night previews. So, if we triple that value, we get $105,000,00 for the raw weekend and $120,000,000 for the weekend including the previews. That's pretty good. 

What do you guys think the final domestic and worldwide totals will be? 

Edited by BluRayHiDef

2 hours ago, baumer said:

And congrats to these four players in the summer game for calling Baby Driver to finish in the top 15

Baby Driver (4/41)

Hide contents
  Hide contents

Empire - 101m
kayumanggi - 100m
Kalo - 95m

aabattery - 75m

Most of the rest of my Summer Game predictions are awful though. :sadben:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Empire said:

Most of the rest of my Summer Game predictions are awful though. :sadben:

You're not alone. My summer predictions for the most part, was WAY off!!!

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

I want to clarify that no Wonder Woman shouldn't have been seen as a risk but that doesn't change the fact that it was seen as one.

I always secretly thought that a good and well marketed Wonder Woman movie could do similar numbers to the Hunger Games films worldwide. At times I had my doubts because the DCEU movies seem to have gone out of their way to make their characters as unlikable and inhuman as possible and I felt that would kill any repeat viewing for the theoretical film.

Luckily the best-case scenario happened but it happened in a way that I didn't think it would with these legs. I was still deathly afraid of the overseas numbers but luckily it did well overseas as well. Can't wait until Captain Marvel comes out and continues to prove Hollywood wrong.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, BluRayHiDef said:

It earned $35,000,000 on Friday when you subtract the Thursday-night previews. So, if we triple that value, we get $105,000,00 for the raw weekend and $120,000,000 for the weekend including the previews. That's pretty good. 

What do you guys think the final domestic and worldwide totals will be? 

I think it will make 35 on Sunday and 43 today for $129M. I think it will finish around $410M DOM and $950M WW.