CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

40 minutes ago, JB33 said:

What's your issue man?

Not sure if I’m more surprised how you’ve worked out a movie that has been out for a week deserves to keep all the big screens because it’s sold more than a movie that’s not even out yet or that what you typed didn’t even make sense and you didn’t notice even after I highlighted it out for you lol 

Edited by VENOM

Just now, VENOM said:

Not sure if I’m more surprised how you’ve worked out a movie that has been out for a week deserves to keep all the big screens because it’s sold more than a movie that’s not even out yet or that what you typed didn’t even makes sense even after I highlighted it out for you lol 

There is ONE new release this weekend. One that is a purely adult-driven film. It's a Tarantino film so it's kind of a big deal but it isn't exactly going to be stealing premium screens from TLK when it's going to open to about $40M anyway.

Why you want to paint Disney as evil Nazis because they're mega blockbuster is keeping all its premium screens in the face of one new adult opener is what baffles me.

• Knock It Off 1

11 minutes ago, JB33 said:

There is ONE new release this weekend. One that is a purely adult-driven film. It's a Tarantino film so it's kind of a big deal but it isn't exactly going to be stealing premium screens from TLK when it's going to open to about $40M anyway.

Why you want to paint Disney as evil Nazis because they're mega blockbuster is keeping all its premium screens in the face of one new adult opener is what baffles me.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d3a21607255444863

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Great argument. You're definitely an intellectual and not the lowest common denominator. :)

I just don’t waste my time on people who can’t even proof read their own posts 

6 hours ago, VENOM said:

Yup that’s Disney for you, hogging screens yet again 

Lol.

You expected a Tarantino movie to play in IMAX?

The bigger issue is that it's not playing on more standard screens.

Edited by cannastop

This isn't getting any IMAX/PLF screens not only because The Lion King just posted one of the biggest openings ever but Tarantino didn't make it in Dolby Atmos or any other IMAX/PLF friendly technology (a filmmaking choice on his part, obviously).

Besides, this is an adult-driven film that will skew older for the most part and wouldn't sell much in the formats to begin with.

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, JB33 said:

If you are going to blame the Mouse, then blame the theater owners as well.....

SOme people just don't get it's called "The Film Business" for a reason; main priority is to make money for the stockholders.

Just now, filmlover said:

This isn't getting any IMAX/PLF screens not only because The Lion King just posted one of the biggest openings ever but Tarantino didn't make it in Dolby Atmos or any other IMAX/PLF friendly technology (a filmmaking choice on his part, obviously).

Besides, this is an adult-driven film that will skew older for the most part and wouldn't sell much in the formats to begin with.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is not the kind of film which screams "This should be seen in Imax"/

Not knocking the film..form the trailers looks like it is going to be visually really well done, just not the kind of film that is a good fit for IMAX.

43 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Lol.

You expected a Tarantino movie to play in IMAX?

The bigger issue is that it's not playing on more standard screens.

This. It just had the bad look to open the week after a huge blockbuster with big legs opened.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

BTW, speaking of classic films in IMAX, if it could be done without losing the visual beauty, I would be first in line to see "Lawrence of Arabia" in IMAX.

I mean, considering IMAX with Laser technology, I guess it could be done.