CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

9 minutes ago, dudalb said:

If you are going to blame the Mouse, then blame the theater owners as well.....

SOme people just don't get it's called "The Film Business" for a reason; main priority is to make money for the stockholders.

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

This. It just had the bad look to open the week after a huge blockbuster with big legs opened.

Disney said 3 weeks or no deal to the cinemas.

8 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Even if Disney hadn't said that, this wouldn't have gotten IMAX

You can book IMAX tickets for this in the UK so yes it would have

Edited by VENOM

Decent movie.  Ending was predictable but I knew that from the first trailer.  I still liked the ending, don't get me wrong, and I think most will too ;)

I'm  sure this will have , at worst, decent WOM.

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Even if Disney hadn't said that, this wouldn't have gotten IMAX

Exactly! He was trying to shift the goal posts when he mentioned the 3 week contract but my point would stand even without that!

19 minutes ago, VENOM said:

You can book IMAX tickets for this in the UK so yes it would have

It's also being released on August 14th.

Also, it's not at the BFI IMAX. What theater are you talking about? Can't find it at Cineworld either.

Edited by cannastop

34 minutes ago, dudalb said:

BTW, speaking of classic films in IMAX, if it could be done without losing the visual beauty, I would be first in line to see "Lawrence of Arabia" in IMAX.

It is projected from time to time in 70MM:

https://bayflicks.net/2017/08/28/lawrence-of-arabia-and-the-third-coming-of-70mm/

https://wcpseattle.wordpress.com/2016/09/18/lawrence-of-arabia-in-70mm/

I do not know much about formats difference, but would it not be the best for that movie (feel like the movie want to have a very wide format instead of the more squarish IMAX)

1 minute ago, VENOM said:

9.4 on IMDb with over 9,000 reviews, 89% on Rotten tomatoes but I’m supposed to believe some random guys Twitter feed?

these are the first people who PAID to see the movie, no free screenings. i trust them more

8 minutes ago, VENOM said:

9.4 on IMDb with over 9,000 reviews, 89% on Rotten tomatoes but I’m supposed to believe some random guys Twitter feed?

So you know the 9000 nobodies who went to imdb to rate a movie weeks before it opened? 

I guess you can believe what you want... but it's all randos here. Which is weird because the only people who aren't randos are.... critics. But we don't trust them because they're basically a different species of human who can't be trusted and never know what they're talking about....

kind of a catch 22 here....