kayumanggi

THE RHYTHM SECTION | January 31, 2020 | Paramount | Blake Lively

Blake Lively to Star in Thriller The Rhythm Section, from 007 Producers
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/868153-blake-lively-the-rhythm-section#BHaPi6d5AbSo1oLt.99

The Rhythm Section is a contemporary adaptation of the first of British thriller writer Mark Burnell’s “Stephanie Patrick” series of four novels. Heroine, Stephanie Patrick (Blake Lively) is on a path of self-destruction after the death of her family in an airplane crash, a flight that she was meant to be on. After discovering that the crash was not an accident, her anger awakens a new sense of purpose and she rises to uncover the truth by adapting the identity of an assassin to track down those responsible. The new, and lethal, Stephanie Patrick is on a mission to fill the void between what she knows and what she is told. Other novels in Burnell’s popular series include “Gemini,” “The Third Woman” and “Chameleon.”

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 3

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooo looking forward to this: an actress that I love, and interesting director in Handmaiden Tale' s Reed Morano (who just happens to be female!), and a solid producing team who seem to be a great fit for this type of film. I hope this works and finally gives Lively a big, fat, 100-million-dollar plus blockbuster that she can call her own. :D 

• Like 2

Taking a quick break from vacay to come and support my girl Blake! 

I was so excited when I heard about this. Female James Bond? Nah I'm good. Give me this instead! A female spy with her own identity. What's even better as cochofles mentioned is that the director is female. Really really hoping this works out....not just for Lively but for Morano as well. Her work is phenomenal. 

But this is what progress looks like. 

• Like 1

The Rhythm Section, will be “a contemporary adaptation”of the first thriller in the book series of four which also include Gemini, The Third Woman and Chameleon

“Patrick (Lively) is on a path of self-destruction after the death of her family in an airplane crash, a flight that she was meant to be on. After discovering that the crash was not an accident, her anger awakens a new sense of purpose and she rises to uncover the truth by adapting the identity of an assassin to track down those responsible. The new, and lethal, Stephanie Patrick is on a mission to fill the void between what she knows and what she is told.”

From Bond producers, kind of a female Bourne.

Edited by Kingp0va

11 minutes ago, Alli said:

Paramount making good decisions????!!!  :o

That's exactly what I thought! 

Meanwhile I'm like let's see how Paramount manages to fuck this all up. 

Youve got a very good director, a very good production company and a decent actress who has shown she is capable of carrying a film. Enter Paramount.....this should end well :thinking:

On 8/16/2017 at 5:48 PM, Nova said:

That's exactly what I thought! 

Meanwhile I'm like let's see how Paramount manages to fuck this all up. 

Youve got a very good director, a very good production company and a decent actress who has shown she is capable of carrying a film. Enter Paramount.....this should end well :thinking:

Let's be positive!!!! :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Let's be positive!!!! :D 

They do the mission impossible franchise right? 

They do a really good job with that franchise so I guess it's good that it went to a studio that actually experience is distributing these kinds of film 

On 8/16/2017 at 5:35 PM, Alli said:

Paramount making good decisions????!!!  :o

Isn't Jim Gianopulos very highly regarded ?

When him and Tom Rothman runned Fox for 12 year's they had a ridiculously good run, what was one the most profitable run by a studio ever.

I'm not so sure how relevant Paramount before march 2017 will be versus after, I imagine that a lot of people in key role are still the same, but it still a different person running the show.

• Thanks 1

I don’t know if it’s a good release date or not yet but I’m glad they simply didn’t just throw it in the middle of summer where it would be overshadowed by blockbusters 

Although doesn’t Captain Marvel come out the March of 2019 🤔

30 minutes ago, Nova said:

Although doesn’t Captain Marvel come out the March of 2019

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_in_film

But they were 0 movie announced for that weekend yet and it is 2 full weeks before, so not much on an issue on that side.

Movies opening the weekend just after the 22, The Force (Logan director, crime thriller)/ Daisy Ridley Chaos Walking, Sci-fi Action thriller, could be good competition thought in the R-rated for adult type.

• Like 2