WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

Just now, Mojoguy said:

BAD Sat increases!

Was something big going on that hurt Sat's numbers?

People were worried that a trillion ton iceberg has been created after a patch of ice the size of Delware split from Antartica. At least CNN seems on the verge of a nervous breakdown....or should I say 'meltdown' :sparta:

• Like 5

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Not really. Apes 2 increased by a smaller percentage from true Friday. 

~12% bump from true Friday (17.1=>19.1). Better than Dawn's 8% bump, but Dawn's true Friday grew a lot from previews % wise:

War's true Friday of 17.10 was 3.42x the previews of 5.0

Dawn's true Friday of 23.55 was 5.74x the previews of 4.1

FWIW, SM's Audience score on RT started off at 92% and is still at 91% after 10 days. Very steady and more creditable considering it's so high and has a big fan-base catching the movie and upping the vote initially.

APES started off at 92% and is at 89% after the weekend. Still big but could come down to mid-80s within a week or two.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, a2knet said:

People were worried that a trillion ton iceberg has been created after a patch of ice the size of Delware split from Antartica. At least CNN seems on the verge of a nervous breakdown....or should I say 'meltdown' :sparta:

I'm pretty sure the correct measurement is twice the size of Luxembourg or is it four times the size of London or maybe it's twice the size of the ACT. 

If that's a reply to me, I'm going by the good things friends have said who never normally even talk about CBMs. But then, I don't live in the US, so I suppose the OS numbers are reflecting that.

Edited by Hatebox

3 minutes ago, teardropmina said:

people need to stop assuming that high RT score and online fan ranking represent good wom. 

I understand high critics score has nothing to do with wom, but high audience score after 10-days of release (once a wider base than just arid fans catch the movie) might indicate something.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

You're right.  America just likes superheroes and unoriginality.

So Apes would be original ? Sure it's a good film but it's what # in the series. And you're right audiences like familiarity and seeing certain characters again which is why they return to Cinematic universes, sequels, and remakes. Nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gustavo said:

I agree, this is like the ninth ape movie, and the third in a short period of time

The first one worked really well as a standalone movie, I don't know why they made a sequel at all

Money?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I understand high critics score has nothing to do with wom, but high audience score after 10-days of release (once a wider base than just arid fans catch the movie) might indicate something.

I wasn't referring to RT audience score. It certainly reflects how a portion of moviegoers online feel about the film, but not indicating communication flow, that is wom. 

14 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

If that's a reply to me, I'm going by the good things friends have said who never normally even talk about CBMs. But then, I don't live in the US, so I suppose the OS numbers are reflecting that.

yes, SMH is having better hold in my country as well. WOM seems better than the North America,. too.