Finnick

MOEDAY NUMBERS (Chapter Two) : APES:$5.79M | SMH:$5.46M | DM3 2.6M | BD 1.2M | WW: 875k

Regarding the animated Potter, I cant see how it can work either.

It is not a kids series. It starts as a kids tale but on and on it evolves the way ita audience does.

From Azkaban on, it is clearly a teen series and there are a lot dark themes there too.

Given that each movie is a sepwrate story they could make something out of the Philoshopher's Stone which hasnt got a lot of dark elements in it.

5 minutes ago, Broadwayfreak66 said:

Someone said WB was planning on doing something with classic films like Wizard of Oz and Chocolate Factory.

Like remakes of their classic films. 

They could do animated versions of them!

They have released Tom and Jerry DTV movies for both of those properties.

3 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Literally that was exactly your response at my very first comment.

If he/she really is a dcasey account mods will find out but I didnt dee the typical aggressiveness that he's got.

It's a very DCasey-esque name and has the same posting style though, anger or no anger.

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

It is not a kids series. It starts as a kids tale but on and on it evolves the way ita audience does.

From Azkaban on, it is clearly a teen series and there are a lot dark themes there too.

Given that each movie is a sepwrate story they could make something out of the Philoshopher's Stone which hasnt got a lot of dark elements in it.

I can - The Tales of Beedle the Bard could be its own 5 part series of movies...using the short stories as a jumping off point to tell an animated tale, since all of these tales were theoretically tales told to children...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

How do you get the profile pic thing to, ya know, add pictures? Ugh

i think if this we're 2001, I think we might be able to talk about this more seriously, but the most commercially viable animated projects typically start as cartoons or comics. With a huge book series like Potter w/ tons of detail and a distinct tone and a fair amount of adult sensibilities, content, and themes, I don't think it would work, especially as so much of Potter's median audience is adults at this point. 

As a side project? Maybe 🙃

Edited by Broadwayfreak66
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I can - The Tales of Beedle the Bard could be its own 5 part series of movies...using the short stories as a jumping off point to tell an animated tale, since all of these tales were theoretically tales told to children...

Have you seen the "history of magic in North America" videos on Pottermore? A small film project done in that spooky animation style could work for Beedle the Bard

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broadwayfreak66 said:

Have you seen the "history of magic in North America" videos on Pottermore? A small film project done in that spooky animation style could work for Beedle the Bard

No, but I'm only a fan, not a FAN!  My oldest daughter is the 2nd type of fan, and would have us at any movie which even breathes a Potter influence:)...I mean, she's already psyched for the next 4 movies in the current series!  

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

No, but I'm only a fan, not a FAN!  My oldest daughter is the 2nd type of fan, and would have us at any movie which even breathes a Potter influence:)...I mean, she's already psyched for the next 4 movies in the current series!  

I'm really interested as well to see what she does with them and how she heightens the stakes after an already tense first installment. 

The magic circus/freak show sounds like it's going to be a centerpiece: the discrimination metaphors, exploitation and manipulation, and I think one of the attractions is Merope Gaunt!

• Like 1

I just realized that every Christmas since 2011 has had a "controversial" movie of some sorts get released:

2011 - Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

2012 - Django Unchained

2013 - Wolf of Wall Street

2014 - The Interview

2015 - Concussion

2016 - Passengers

what will it be this year?  Jumanji?

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I just realized that every Christmas since 2011 has had a "controversial" movie of some sorts get released:

2012 - Django Unchained

2014 - The Interview

2015 - Concussion

2016 - Passengers

Pitch Perfect 3 will spawn many thinkpieces. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

2012 - Django Unchained

2014 - The Interview

2015 - Concussion

2016 - Passengers

Bastards