MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

2 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Looking at detroit PTA this w/e, I think it can go lower. Or am I looking it wrong? When does TDT embargo lift?

I could see Detroit landing anywhere between $8-10M, not a bad start for a movie that's a really punishing sit.

The Dark Tower's screenings are apparently Wednesday night. Probably all we need to know regarding its quality.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

If Dark Tower is opening in the mid teens, could Dunkirk take #1 again? That's when you know studios fucked up with scheduling

You wonder why Apes or some other films didn't have an August release. Alien had a pretty lousy release date with a ton of competition back in May. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

2.6 legs is boring?

Only because expectations were incredibly high.

When 320 m is the floor for an interesting Spider-man run, you're spoiled beyond reason.

Especially when the summer has been so great for superhero films. Spider-Man Homecoming hasn't done spectacular business, but its done its job of bringing the character back to reasonable relevance again. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Looking at detroit PTA this w/e, I think it can go lower. Or am I looking it wrong? When does TDT embargo lift?

TDT is apparently not having screenings until Wednesday.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I could see Detroit landing anywhere between $8-10M, not a bad start for a movie that's a really punishing sit.

The Dark Tower's screenings are apparently Wednesday night. Probably all we need to know regarding its quality.

Being dead serious here after Emoji's 6% Tomatometer. Why not refuse to let critics see the movie early? Force them and their companies to pay for a ticket just like the rest of us.

If you know the critics are going to destroy a particular movie, might as well have a blank Tomatometer on opening day. That's better than 6% or 20% or 30%, etc. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Despicable Me 3 should end up as the highest grossing film worldwide of the summer. Chances that its overall gross will beat Cars 3 and Coco combined?

I have a club for that  (closed now)

:)

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

What range are we looking at for final OS gross?

250+ should happen. Beyond that it's hard to say. China release date is September 1st, but going to be crushed by Spidey on 8th and Apes on 15th. 

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

What's the buzz on Dark Tower ? Hit or miss?

Unfortunately, it's looking more like a miss. It's presales on Pulse have been pretty weak, about on par with the 2 openers this week. I doubt it opens above 25M, honestly.

• Like 1