Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Cheer up, we always have this glorious interview to watch. :lol:

Not gonna watch it rn cause mobile.

But my biggest problem is how much joy some people are taking into watching it flop.  If anyone on these forums had an idea they wanted to make since they were 10 and it ended up flopping domestically on such a huge budget when they eventually made it, how the fuck would you feel?  Jesus Christ, some people here need to be a bit more empathetic

• Like 5

1 minute ago, That Floating Guy said:

But my biggest problem is how much joy some people are taking into watching it flop.  If anyone on these forums had an idea they wanted to make since they were 10 and it ended up flopping domestically on such a huge budget when they eventually made it, how the fuck would you feel?  Jesus Christ, some people here need to be a bit more empathetic

You should watch it when you get a chance. She asks some really stupid questions and Besson gives some pretty funny answers. 

21 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

WW out of the top ten! 

Who would've ever thought it would last 9 weeks in the top 10? Only one less week that TFA. And I have a feeling it's gonna have solid grosses through Labor Day. And as long as it doesn't collapse next weekend, it'll officially be ahead of SM1.

As boring as this month is shaping up, my eyes will still be firmly on WW.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, That Floating Guy said:

There were so many things he could have done differently in the lead up to release to prevent this occurrence. For one, moved the release to this weekend where it could have got IMAX on at least sharing basis and probably won the weekend and got positive press including the numbers coming from France.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

But here we are talking about a filthy human like luc besson. He deserved worse than this. He is not gonna take any loss on it. 

Just now, nomyth said:

Who would've ever thought it would last 9 weeks in the top 10? Only one less week that TFA. And I have a feeling it's gonna have solid grosses through Labor Day. And as long as it doesn't collapse next weekend, it'll officially be ahead of SM1.

As boring as this month is shaping up, my eyes will still be firmly on WW.

400 will happen on Tuesday, and probably 1.5M at least next weekend with a further 500k over the remaining 2 weekdays. So it should be at 402M coming out of next weekend.

An expansion into IMAX the weekend before LD and overall expansion for LD will get them to about 410M

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

400 will happen on Tuesday, and probably 1.5M at least next weekend with a further 500k over the remaining 2 weekdays. So it should be at 402M coming out of next weekend.

An expansion into IMAX the weekend before LD and overall expansion for LD will get them to about 410M

You think WB will take IMAX from Nolan? I doubt it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, grim22 said:

There were so many things he could have done differently in the lead up to release to prevent this occurrence. For one, moved the release to this weekend where it could have got IMAX on at least sharing basis and probably won the weekend and got positive press including the numbers coming from France.

Again, lack of empathy.  You're looking at the smaller picture here.  "oh he could've just moved the release date and prevented it!"  He had stated multiple times why he chose not to move it up.  He miscalculated Dunkirk's appeal and as such, for just a mistake, his film ended up doing poorly.  That still isn't enough of an excuse to be mercilessly laughing at the film's failure and acting like there isn't another human behind this project who probably feels terrible about how it did domestically.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That's what I'm thinking as well. Still don't think a 4x multi isn't totally out of the question. But we'll have to see how it's expansions go. I do think the empty marketplace will really work in its favor.

• Like 1