Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

1 minute ago, That Floating Guy said:

Maybe it's better than Megan Leavey's WOM

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

My mom and her friends seen it tonight. She said it was intense but not that good a movie. In her words felt like it was made for the sole purpose of making a movie and the chase scenes got pretty repetive. 

I think it will have a multiplier between 3 and 4.  It all depends on if it can hold against Inconvenient Truth 2 and its further expansions.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

I have been waiting my entire life for Saturday estimates

Wow, you are one day old and already using the internet. I thought box office forums had an age limit to join.

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The saddest thing about Battleship is that I genuinely believe it has potential as a film (...I mean, if they successfully turned OUIJA of all things into a good horror movie w/Origin Of Evil, they can do a decent war movie out of Battleship, right?!?), but my God did they botch it, it was cringey to such a painful degree... thank the lucky stars that Peter Berg moved on to the Wahlberg real event trilogy after that (even if only one of those three was a financial hit).

I agree Battleship could have actually made for a funner film, instead of the Transformers knockoff we got.

Edited by Fancyarcher

2nd biggest weekend, SW7s 149m, in a single market just went down.  Wolf warriors 2 in china going to do $163m.

Next weekends hold will determine if SW7 total will get beat and if $1b is in play.  It bumped 20% from OW. Needs to hold -35% next weekend to have a shot.

28 minutes ago, POTUS said:

2nd biggest weekend, SW7s 149m, in a single market just went down.  Wolf warriors 2 in china going to do $163m.

Next weekends hold will determine if SW7 total will get beat and if $1b is in play.  It bumped 20% from OW. Needs to hold -35% next weekend to have a shot.

Do these chinese blockbusters make any kind of sumbstantial gross in other asian markets? Maybe if it ends up around SW7's 900m+, other asian markets can carry it to the billion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, forg said:

Girls Trip still has a shot for 100M, right? I was hoping for smaller drops

This month is so empty. I wish Kingsman is on this month instead 

100 is locked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, forg said:

Girls Trip still has a shot for 100M, right? I was hoping for smaller drops

This month is so empty. I wish Kingsman is on this month instead 

Would be very surprised if Girls Trip went below Bad Mom's 113m dom.

• Like 2

@the beast Not impossible, but very unlikely. 140M+ is the high end that I see right now.

Anyway, for the hell of curing boredom, here's the top 10 Summer 2017 vs. 2016 breakdown (as of August 5th):

01. Wonder Woman - 397.8M
02. Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 - 388.1M
03. Spider-Man: Homecoming - 288.7M
04. Despicable Me 3 - 237.1M
05. Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 171.2M
06. Cars 3  - 147.2M
07. Transformers: The Last Knight - 129.2M
08. War For The Planet Of The Apes - 126M
09. Dunkirk - 121M
10. Baby Driver - 95.3M
TOTAL - 2.101.6B

vs.

01. Finding Dory - 472.4M
02. Captain America: Civil War - 407M
03. The Secret Life Of Pets - 311.4M
04. X-Men: Apocalypse - 155.4M
05. Central Intelligence - 125.8M
06. The Legend Of Tarzan - 123.5M
07. Star Trek Beyond - 120.3M
08. Ghostbusters - 113.3M
09. The Angry Birds Movie - 107.2M
10. The Conjuring 2 - 102.2M
TOTAL - 2.038.5B

Evidently, Star Trek Beyond has yet to make any difference whatsoever as 2017's lead increases more and more. HOWEVER, w/Suicide Squad's opening weekend falling right here, the gap will probably shorten a bit. Still won't be enough to put 2017 out of the lead, though, and w/Girls Trip approaching the top 10 and pushing for massive numbers in the mid-range, as well as Dunkirk's rise to the 180-190 area, it's entirely possible that 2017 won't be kicked out of the lead at all, which seemed extremely unlikely a month ago imo.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, the beast said:

Any Numbers from RTH?

Gods only descend upon Earth when petty humans release something worthwhile in theaters.

A lame Stephen King adaptation and a once great director adrift thinking she s a New-York Times Senior Editor weren't good enough.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2