Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

No different from the 60M 2nd weekend predictions either. It neither went beyond expectations nor fell below them in the end. DM3 and SMH benefited from being the last big family movies. 

Nah, there was only ever one vehement pro-$60M poster (who was always nice about it), but there were many naysayers who weren't always the nicest in their analysis after weekend 2...and only one has mea culpa-ed:)...

But I guess that might be the nature of tentpole movies...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Will they have the guts to name it 5HREK ? :sparta:

They will if they want it to finish with under $150M DOM...

Better to find a newish angle to sell the movies...maybe Fiona or Farkle, Fergus and Felicia for a title...keep it in the family and in the same titling sense...

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

They will if they want it to finish with under $150M DOM...

Better to find a newish angle to sell the movies...maybe Fiona or Farkle, Fergus and Felicia for a title...keep it in the family and in the same titling sense...

I think they could go the prequel way. Get a baby=>boy=>YA Shrek so they don't have to dole out money for Myers and Diaz. There could be a backstory about a world of ogres and how Shrek ended up alone. But in this scenario Donkey disappears. Murphy either does great stuff or horrid stuff, and Donkey was great.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

That depends...how bad are the sequels?  I think Barbie and Tag should move off each other's weekend and try to find another "bad sequel fatigue" time to release...that date worked great for Baby Driver, but he got to be the only "premier" concept...I'd move one to May 18 and try to hit the weekend where there's really nothing but a horror flick...Barbie might work best there b/c family movies have done pretty well in the spot...and it gives it 4 weeks to Incredibles and 2 weeks after Avengers (which will have burned off all the desire)...but it depends if Barbie will be a family movie or a sardonic cynical movie on the toy...

I mean, I can guarantee 1/2 of these coming sequels will not be well received...which ones?  I don't know yet, b/c I haven't seen the trailers...but I could guess a few...

But two weeks before an untitled Warner Animation movie which I'm pretty sure is a TV adaptation (like DC Girls or Adventure Time). However it also has Memorial Day and benefits from being more female skewing than Solo or IW.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I think they could go the prequel way. Get a baby=>boy=>YA Shrek so they don't have to dole out money for Myers and Diaz. There could be a backstory about a world of ogres and how Shrek ended up alone. But in this scenario Donkey disappears. Murphy either does great stuff or horrid stuff, and Donkey was great.

You just described 

270?cb=20151015190404

• Like 1

Random new topic: This is what I think the forum's Top 25 for 2017 would be if it was held right now:

1. Dunkirk

2. Baby Driver

3. Get Out

4. Logan

5. Wonder Woman

6. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

7. War for the Planet of the Apes

8. Split

9. Spider-Man: Homecoming

10. The Big Sick

11. John Wick: Chapter 2

12. The LEGO Batman Movie

13. Girls Trip

14. Detroit

15. It Comes at Night

16. The Fate of the Furious

17. Beauty and the Beast

18. Alien: Covenant

19. A Cure for Wellness

20. Kong: Skull Island

21. Atomic Blonde

22. Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie

23. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

24. Gifted

25. 47 Meters Down

I don't think anything below Detroit stands a chance at making the final list. For some films, the ultra fans will be too few, and others are just there at the moment because there's still a lot more movies to be released. Realistically, the top 5 will show up on the final list, and 6-8 will probably make it. I can see something like The Big Sick jumping ahead of SMH and Split if it gains more fans later this year (SMH is probably only going to be in the bottom 5 at best). Wick and Lego Batman have largely been forgotten about, and I doubt Girls Trip and Detroit will gain enough of an audience on here once they're available to rent. Like, MAYBE if Detroit has a lot of Top 3-5 placements it could still make it, but I'm being pessimistic. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

:sadben: 

Now that I have a new movie to stan for, my previous stan will almost definitely make the list

:sadben: :sadben: :sadben: :sadben: :sadben: :sadben: :sadben: :sadben: 

It's...just a list.

Full of people's very questionable opinions.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Random new topic: This is what I think the forum's Top 25 for 2017 would be if it was held right now:

1. Dunkirk

2. Baby Driver

3. Get Out

4. Logan

5. Wonder Woman

6. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

7. War for the Planet of the Apes

8. Split

9. Spider-Man: Homecoming

10. The Big Sick

11. John Wick: Chapter 2

12. The LEGO Batman Movie

13. Girls Trip

14. Detroit

15. It Comes at Night

16. The Fate of the Furious

17. Beauty and the Beast

18. Alien: Covenant

19. A Cure for Wellness

20. Kong: Skull Island

21. Atomic Blonde

22. Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie

23. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

24. Gifted

25. 47 Meters Down

I don't think anything below Detroit stands a chance at making the final list. For some films, the ultra fans will be too few, and others are just there at the moment because there's still a lot more movies to be released. Realistically, the top 5 will show up on the final list, and 6-8 will probably make it. I can see something like The Big Sick jumping ahead of SMH and Split if it gains more fans later this year (SMH is probably only going to be in the bottom 5 at best). Wick and Lego Batman have largely been forgotten about, and I doubt Girls Trip and Detroit will gain enough of an audience on here once they're available to rent. Like, MAYBE if Detroit has a lot of Top 3-5 placements it could still make it, but I'm being pessimistic. 

Split on the list HAHAHA OH WOW

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1