Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

I'm super paranoid that I forgot to lock my car or close a door so I end up walking out of the theater at least twice before I see a movie...there were HUGE crowds for The Dark Tower at my theater. I was genuinely surprised.

20 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Random new topic: This is what I think the forum's Top 25 for 2017 would be if it was held right now:

1. Dunkirk

2. Baby Driver

3. Get Out

4. Logan

5. Wonder Woman

6. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

7. War for the Planet of the Apes

8. Split

9. Spider-Man: Homecoming

10. The Big Sick

11. John Wick: Chapter 2

12. The LEGO Batman Movie

13. Girls Trip

14. Detroit

15. It Comes at Night

16. The Fate of the Furious

17. Beauty and the Beast

18. Alien: Covenant

19. A Cure for Wellness

20. Kong: Skull Island

21. Atomic Blonde

22. Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie

23. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

24. Gifted

25. 47 Meters Down

I don't think anything below Detroit stands a chance at making the final list. For some films, the ultra fans will be too few, and others are just there at the moment because there's still a lot more movies to be released. Realistically, the top 5 will show up on the final list, and 6-8 will probably make it. I can see something like The Big Sick jumping ahead of SMH and Split if it gains more fans later this year (SMH is probably only going to be in the bottom 5 at best). Wick and Lego Batman have largely been forgotten about, and I doubt Girls Trip and Detroit will gain enough of an audience on here once they're available to rent. Like, MAYBE if Detroit has a lot of Top 3-5 placements it could still make it, but I'm being pessimistic. 

feel like Kong is a little low on here. It isn't loved but it's been seen by a lot of people and mostly well liked (also Get Out would probably be numero uno me thinks)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, grim22 said:

No different from the 60M 2nd weekend predictions either. It neither went beyond expectations nor fell below them in the end. DM3 and SMH benefited from being the last big family movies. 

This.

I'm convinced the 60mil second weekend predictions were coming from fans who, and I'm not trying to start any trouble, couldn't believe that Wonder Woman was going to outgross a Spider-Man film featuring Iron Man in North America. And I don't mean to imply these people were haters of Wonder Woman, they might have very well loved Wonder Woman but they just couldn't wrap their minds around Spider-Man: Homecoming not being the number one or at least number two comic book movie in North America this Summer even after it's very good but not stellar for the character frontloaded opening weekend. Most people had Wonder Woman at number three as far as comic book movies were concerned and I was one of those people so that's not a swipe and anyone.

I predicted 350mil for Spidey. So I wasn't under predicting it like I did Guardians and Wonder Woman. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6

"It won't have a 2 multiplier" is hilarious

After BvS' failed to do a 2 multiplier, nothing is impossible for the DCEU films.

I find it amusing that DC is going end up with movies with the crappiest legs (BvS) and the best legs (WW) in recent history.
tucci.png

• Like 2

Just now, Squadron Leader Tele said:

You guys really think BD is the second-most loved movie on the forums this year? :thinking: 

All in all...I kinda do actually. At least, it's gonna show up in a lot of lists, and highly on several.

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Dunkirk is going to be #1. If Interstellar did it, Dunkirk will.

eh... man Get Out kinda works for everyone I think. and I think there is a decent portion here that like Dunkirk less than Interstellar ( granted I also know there is a decent portion that likes it more)

8 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

You guys really think BD is the second-most loved movie on the forums this year? :thinking: 

Well, this list only counts actual BOT voters...they tend to skew into the Male 17-34 range around here (they are the majority on the board, and they also have the most time on their hands to see at least 50 movies and create a list, putting their interests even higher up on the list:), so I can totally see it ending up #2...doesn't mean it's the most-beloved on the BOT forums, but it probably is the most beloved by the coming voters...

It's like our BOT voters are the academy, but more exclusive:)...

(PS - I probably won't vote if I have to go more than top 10 b/c I probably won't see more than 25-30 movies of 2017's movies (since I'm still catching 2016 ones in between hitting theaters for 2017 ones) and 1/2 of them won't deserve to be on the list...like I'm not putting DM3, Smurfs, or Baywatch on the top 25 just b/c they are some of the ones I saw:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1