CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

10 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I just reduced it a bit from A1's 2.27x. Granted that was crap so this one can match it's multiplier. Still find 2.3-2.4x to be the high-end for a horror sequel to a movie that did 2.27x.

So you think wom will has no effect?? You need to see The Purge 2 and 3 legs

People hated The Purge 1 and....

$40m ow is likely for A2 btw. Don't let your "hate" blind you.

The Cobjuring is the first time that a horror franchise has seen possibly over 4 $30 million debuts since the Saw franchise last decade. Annabelle:Creation, hopefully gets to that $38-$40 million and it makes the high end of that mark. If it does a $90-$100 million total seems possible, and a very profitable return overseas, as it would make $300 million WW. Which would help the Conjuring franchise to be the first horror franchise to make over a $1 billion worldwide!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, a2knet said:

New Line's Annabelle: Creation is scaring up a strong business in its box-office debut for a projected domestic launch in the $36 million-$39 million range, according to early Friday returns.

The origin film, directed by David F. Sandberg, is the fourth installment in the studio's Conjuringhorror franchise. It's pacing to gross as much as $17 million from 3,502 theaters on Friday, including a strong $4 million in Thursday previews.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-annabelle-creation-conjures-up-4m-thursday-1028756

Yep A:C 16-17 looks about right for now

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

From last week's thread:

LMFAO my drive-in has possibly the worst double feature of all time this weekend; it seems like it could easily be a bad movie challenge. 

(It's Emoji and TF5 :lol:)

So, uhh.... they managed to top it... EMOJI and NUT JOB 2 :rofl:

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

OD/previews

ANNA2 16-17/4 = 4-4.25x

CONJ2 16.4/3.4 = 4.8x (June 2016)

ANNA1 15.5/2.1 = 7.38x (October 2014)

CONJ1 17/3.3 = 5.15x (July 2013)

ANNA1 being outside summer is the anomaly here.

So if Annabelle actually hits 17M for Friday, that would be the biggest OD for any TCU movie to date.

Im just curious, how did this happen? The sequel to the poorly received spin-off potentially beating the first 2 well liked films?

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

So if Annabelle actually hits 17M for Friday, that would be the biggest OD for any TCU movie to date.

Im just curious, how did this happen? The sequel to the poorly received spin-off potentially beating the first 2 well liked films?

The OD will be bigger but the OW will be smaller than all of them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I was wondering the exact same thing? It looks like it's guaranteed to do over 30 million for sure but if the four minute preview dead get people out in the theater I could be slightly more front-loaded.

Was the IT preview that well advertised? The only reason I know about is these boards personally. 

Glad to see Annabelle doing well, I'm a big fan of The Conjuring movies even if horror isn't typically my thing. Hopefully will check out the original at some point too, but I will see Creation in theaters at some point

6 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Larson is better in 21 Jump Street than she is in Room

bro, I'm the biggest Lord/Miller stan and even I find this post moronic.

Larson is god-tier in ROOM, along with Tremblay (who gives the better performance of the two but still Brie kills it)

• Like 5