CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I'd call you a casual, but I don't know what movie you subbed it with.

None! It started at 4PM and my lecture ended at 4PM. Decided that it would've been a stretch to make it, so I didn't go.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Concerned about your studies instead of film? What a casual.

Says the guy who's film going is the only way to get him out of his house.:redcapes:

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Here's a little nugget for ya: The Conjuring 2, despite having rather poor staying power DOM (some bad drops during its run) - which can be attributable to the extreme competition it had to face, particularly Finding Dory and Central Intelligence in its 2nd weekend - had a 2.5x multiplier, which is fantastic for a horror sequel. And it also did 217M OS - but Annabelle 2 is currently outopening it mostly everywhere.

Annabelle had very bad wom, opened in the fall season where it had quite the room to perform (October/November) to 37M - very similar numbers to where Creation is gonna fall - and only managed a 2.3x multiplier. Creation has great circumstances to perform more strongly than the original DOM.

Point is: with even LESS competition and far stronger wom, there's no Creation falls below the 84M that the original Annabelle posed DOM. And you add to that the massive OS increases from both Annabelle AND Conjuring 2, and you've got a potential 300M WW maker right there.

In another words, The Conjuring franchise is about to produce its 3rd 90M+ DOM maker, and 4th 200M+ WW grosser. Not even Paranormal Activity, the other horror franchise w/2 100M+ makers in the last 10 years (the original and PA3) can say that it had 3 90M+ makers - the 3rd biggest in the franchise being PA2 which matched the OG Annabelle's 84M. Thus, this has officially soldified itself as the #1 horror franchise of the 21st Century.

All hail James Wan aka James Gawd.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Says the guy who's film going is the only way to get him out of his house.:redcapes:

Well, school starts in a week. That'll get me out of the house for two days.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, POTUS said:

1.). Annabelle: Creation (NL/WB), 3,502 theaters / $15.1M Fri. (includes $4M  previews) / 3-day cume: $36.5M /Wk 1

2.) Dunkirk (WB), 3,762 theaters (+252)/ $3M Fri. / 3-day cume: $10.5M (-39%)/Total: $152.8M/Wk 4

3.). The Nut Job 2 (OR), 4,003 theaters / $2.8M Fri. (includes $330k previews) / 3-day cume: $8M /Wk 1

4.). The Dark Tower (SONY/MRC), 3,451 theaters (0)/ $2.26M Fri. (-71%) / 3-day cume: $7.5M (-61%)/Total: $33.9M/Wk 2

5). Girls Trip (UNI), 2,303 theaters (-279) / $2M Fri.  / 3-day cume: $6.4M (-44%)/Total: $97.1M/Wk 4

5). Girls Trip (UNI), 2,303 theaters (-279) / $2M Fri.  / 3-day cume: $6.4M (-44%)/Total: $97.1M/Wk 4

6). Spider-Man: Homecoming (SONY/MARVEL), 2,607 theaters (-509)/ $1.8M Fri. / 3-day cume: $6.18M (-30%)/Total: $306.5M/Wk 6

7.). The Emoji Movie (SONY), 3,219 theaters (-856) / $1.9M Fri./ 3-day cume: $6M (-50%) /Total: $63M/Wk 3

8/9). Kidnap (AVR), 2,418 theaters (+40) / $1.45M Fri. (-61%) / 3-day cume: $4.8M (-52%)/ Total: $19M/Wk 2

The Glass Castle (LG), 3,502 theaters / $1.6M Fri. / 3-day cume: $4.8M /Wk 1

10). Atomic Blonde (FOC), 2,093 theaters (-1,233)/ $1.2M Fri. / 3-day cume: $4.2M (-49%) /Total $42.4M/Wk 3

NOTABLES:

Detroit (ANPA), 3007 theaters (0) / $836k Fri. (-68%)/ 3-day cume: $2.8M (-61%)/Total: $13.2M/Wk 3

Wind River (TWC), 45 theaters (+41) / $183k Fri. (+250%) /PTA:$12k/ 3-day cume: $540k (+234%)/Total: $768K/Wk 2

Best drop week-to-week for Spidey:)...those legs...he's not even that tall:)...

PS - I'm out of likes or 15 of you would have had them...sigh...the joys of going back to regular status:)...I hope everyone enjoyed all the likes I gave out over last month:)... 

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, XO21 said:

I hope Sony does a mini re expansion to make SMH pass GOGT and SM3 :sherlock:

I would think they'd want to do that, so your wish may come true:)...it's not like they are gonna look to hold Emoji or Dark Tower screens and Baby Driver essentially has his $100M...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Best drop week-to-week for Spidey:)...those legs...he's not even that tall:)...

PS - I'm out of likes or 15 of you would have had them...sigh...the joys of going back to regular status:)...I hope everyone enjoyed all the likes I gave out over last month:)... 

4011FC6000000578-0-image-m-27_1494205616

Yeah in fact his legs are short as fuck :insane:

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I never thought I would see the day where a movie playing in over 4.000 theaters would open under 10M, but here we are.

I also never thought the day where two different movies with good wom topped the Portugal charts in the space of a month, but between this and Baby Driver, here we are. :ph34r:

Who knew that bitchy possessed dolls sold these many tickets.

1 minute ago, Boxofficerules said:

I find it hilarious that Annabelle will make more in its opening day than Wish (we cut ourselves down to a PG-13 cause R rated horror movies don't make money) Upon did its entire run.

Wish Upon was more fun than Annabelle Creation tbqh

15 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I never thought I would see the day where a movie playing in over 4.000 theaters would open under 10M, but here we are.

This was so obvious months ago - I never thought I'd see the day where a movie this obvious to fail got 4000 theaters...it's like no one watched the 1st movie, the poor critical and audience reaction from that movie, the lack of success for unwanted/unasked for sequels the last 2 years, or the trailers and reactions from the trailers for this one...