CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

11 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

I'm waiting on the Uncut version to hit before watching it. They cut 11 minutes out of that to gain a PG-13.

Tbh I don't want the uncut version because the lack of violence is fucking hilarious :lol: 

4 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

He said he thought it looked cool but that doesn't have a trailer yet?

He's since said that it isn't Greatest Showman.

There was footage at Cinemacon.

So, for the worst % drop for an animated sequel, a lot of folks have mentioned Hoodwinked and Hoodwinked 2...

Those movies had an overall BO drop from $51.386M DOM to $10.143M DOM for a roughly 80% overall DOM BO drop.

They also had an OW drop from $12.401 DOM to $4.108 DOM for a roughly 67% overall DOM OW BO drop.

If Nut Job Never Again hits $8M, here's where it will stand...

The OW drop would be from $19.423M to $8M for a roughly 59% overal DOM OW BO Drop.

If it only hits $7M, my estimate, it will be a roughly 64% drop.  To tie Hoodwinked 2 for worst ever received sequel, it would need an OW under $6.4M (c'mon NJ2, here's your new goal:)... 

For it's total DOM BO, to tie Hoodwinked 2 for worst DOM BO drop total, it's 1st BO of $64.251M DOM would need to fall to under $12.85M DOM - that's a rough hold for the summer...maybe out of reach b/c there's so little against it, but now we have numbers to watch for:)...dropped to 1 showing/theater next week would go a long way to helping it reach this goal, but I don't theaters would drop it til Friday and parents can be suckers:)...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, for the worst % drop for an animated sequel, a lot of folks have mentioned Hoodwinked and Hoodwinked 2...

Those movies had an overall BO drop from $51.386M DOM to $10.143M DOM for a roughly 80% overall DOM BO drop.

They also had an OW drop from $12.401 DOM to $4.108 DOM for a roughly 67% overall DOM OW BO drop.

If Nut Job Never Again hits $8M, here's where it will stand...

The OW drop would be from $19.423M to $8M for a roughly 59% overal DOM OW BO Drop.

If it only hits $7M, my estimate, it will be a roughly 64% drop.  To tie Hoodwinked 2 for worst ever received sequel, it would need an OW under $6.4M (c'mon NJ2, here's your new goal:)... 

For it's total DOM BO, to tie Hoodwinked 2 for worst DOM BO drop total, it's 1st BO of $64.251M DOM would need to fall to under $12.85M DOM - that's a rough hold for the summer...maybe out of reach b/c there's so little against it, but now we have numbers to watch for:)...dropped to 1 showing/theater next week would go a long way to helping it reach this goal, but I don't theaters would drop it til Friday and parents can be suckers:)...

There's late-summer legs, $20-$22 million total seem more likely. Making yet another flop for Open Road. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fmpro said:

With this homecoming run i would not rule out 150/400 i 2 years time if trailers are great and an Avengers friend drops by..

1B WW is also in play

There's going to be an Avengers friend but in that  release date the sequel has is horrible. I can't see $1B or $900M for the sequel unless they move it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I also never thought the day where two different movies with good wom topped the Portugal charts in the space of a month, but between this and Baby Driver, here we are. :ph34r:

Who knew that bitchy possessed dolls sold these many tickets.

Silly MCKillswitch. :P Annabelle 2 is in 2nd place here. Emoji is at the top lmao. :redcapes::sadben:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

There's going to be an Avengers friend but in that  release date the sequel has is horrible. I can't see $1B or $900M for the sequel unless they move it.

Dont see the problem. Yes LK will be strong in his 3rd weekend but TG wont match Apes and Pets is the same as DM3..

SMH2 wont move because the release date is fine

• Like 1

Just now, fmpro said:

Dont see the problem. Yes LK will be strong in his 3rd weekend but TG wont match Apes and Pets is the same as DM3..

SMH2 wont move because the release date is fine

It opens the same weekend as Pets 2, they'll eat into each OW, it'll stabilize against Gun, but Lion King can be a $200M+ OW grosser. WW, Illumination is king, and we've seen how well TJB and Beast did OS.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Silly MCKillswitch. :P Annabelle 2 is in 2nd place here. Emoji is at the top lmao. :redcapes::sadben:

Wait, WHAAAAAAAAAT?!

HOW FUCKING DARE YOU, PORTUGUESE PEOPLE. You all deserve Salvador telling you that he could fart and you'd cheer it in a charity concert. :sadben:

Edited by MCKillswitch123