CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

Just now, That Floating Guy said:

Because this is a WB film Han gave a 6/10 to that has gotten good reviews and has a female lead role, then the movie will have a 4x multi and finish way above what Han predicts

If only fishnets was around :lol: 

DM3 Numbers are here!

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic:  $247,667,655    26.9%
Foreign:  $672,600,000    73.1%

= Worldwide:  $920,267,655

With a total of 920 WW as of this weekend, DESPICABLE ME is:

-          The ONLY animated franchise in history to have THREE films score over $900 million worldwide (Minions: 1.16B, DM2: 975m and DM3 so far).

Shrek has 1 film that achieved that, Dory has 2, Ice Age has 0, Toy Story has 1.

-          The ONLY animated franchise in history to have THREE films in the TOP TEN highest grossing animated films of all-time list (Minions in 2nd place, DM2 in 6th and DM3 in 9th).

Shrek has 1 film in the list, Ice Age has 0, Dory has 2, Toy Story has 1.

-          The HIGHEST GROSSING animated franchise OF ALL TIME with close to $3.6B!

Second place goes to Shrek. Third place goes to Ice Age.

Edited by MinaTakla
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, La Binoche said:

This is doing surprisingly well. It's cool how unlike her unbearable sisters Elizabeth Olsen seems focused on trying to make good movies. 

Aren't the sisters focused on running a fashion empire or something? Think they stopped being infront of the camera a long time ago. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

DM3 OS run is incredibly impressive. DOM interest in the Minions seems to decline but worldwide its obscene.

It is running at only 3% behind Minions OS at the same markets in same point in release in today's ER!

Edited by MinaTakla

1 hour ago, babz06 said:

Olsen Twins are a brand not actresses. They don't even make movies anymore so you don't make sense.

I dont think that Olsen is one of the twins. :redcapes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I dont think that Olsen is one of the twins.

I know. But the person I quoted was trying to compare Elizabeth to them as if they have similar careers. That's not the case, Elizabeth is a serious actress. Olsen Twins were not. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Subzero said:

It opened in Japan this week .... OD is $3M per Oliver, which is below TASM2 and most if not all Spidey OD in Japan.

Scott Mendelson's article today said that Homecoming made 7.1 million in Japan this weekend.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Oh shit, BOM is saying Good Time goes wide August 25 :ohmygod: 

We'll see how wide it goes and if it works out for them. It's not exactly been a great box office year for A24. But it got off to a very good start this weekend, so hopefully it expands well.

Ingrid Goes West also got off to a fantastic start too, while Wind River expanded really well (Elizabeth Olsen, Indie Box Office Queen lol). They could easily take advantage of what looks to be a really barren August/Labor Day weekend frame, I'm thinking $15-20M for the latter and $10-15M for the former is in the cards. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

Aren't the sisters focused on running a fashion empire or something? Think they stopped being infront of the camera a long time ago. 

They stopped acting a while back. It's a good thing they decided to pursue their passion rather than keep acting but I don't think they're that bad and actually the Olsens seem pretty grounded considering the twins were in the limelight since they were 1 years old

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

We'll see how wide it goes and if it works out for them. It's not exactly been a great box office year for A24. But it got off to a very good start this weekend, so hopefully it expands well.

Ingrid Goes West also got off to a fantastic start too, while Wind River expanded really well (Elizabeth Olsen, Indie Box Office Queen lol). They could easily take advantage of what looks to be a really barren August/Labor Day weekend frame, I'm thinking $15-20M for the latter and $10-15M for the former is in the cards. 

Predicting the trajectory for those three is a bit hard. Hopefully the Deadline specialty update gives more info. It helps that Leap will only be in 2,100 theaters, All Saints in 1,000, and Birth of the Dragon in 700.

Edited by WrathOfHan