CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

If we're doing Kubrick hot takes, here's a hot one for ya: 2001 booooooooooooooooores the shit out of me. I have nothing but the utmost respect for it as a filmmaking accomplishment, as the father of sci-fi and as gigantic leap towards technical finesse in mainstream American cinema. But watching it as a movie...... Jesus. It's kinda painful. It's a beautiful looking movie, HAL-9000 is one of the greatest villains ever, it's very thought-provoking and great soundtrack (when you're not annoyed of listening to it loop over and over and over and over and over......... and over....................), but it's basically a spaceship display with loud bombastic music playing behind. It just doesn't entertain me.

Preach 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

If we're doing Kubrick hot takes, here's a hot one for ya: 2001 booooooooooooooooores the shit out of me. I have nothing but the utmost respect for it as a filmmaking accomplishment, as the father of sci-fi and as gigantic leap towards technical finesse in mainstream American cinema. But watching it as a movie...... Jesus. It's kinda painful. It's a beautiful looking movie, HAL-9000 is one of the greatest villains ever, it's very thought-provoking and great soundtrack (when you're not annoyed of listening to it loop over and over and over and over and over......... and over....................), but it's basically a spaceship display with loud bombastic music playing behind. It just doesn't entertain me.

eh.

8 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Sony must be wondering what went wrong with The Dark Tower.

The people adapting it actually had no idea what they were doing and mashed elements of multiple novels together without a real plan or understanding of said elements and how they could actually function together.

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I can see that sure. I myself struggled not to fall asleep throughout the entire second half on first viewing. It's grown on me quite a bit since then but I'm still not yet in the masterpiece camp. 

• Like 1

Wow, that's a huge preview number (not surprised though, my 5.1 Dolby showing was packed). I wonder if this is going to behave like the Harry Potter movies and be massively front loaded or if this is going to pull a Deadpool and be big all weekend. Huge OW very likely though.

Even with the Hurricane aiming at us, I'm probably going to go see it again (possibly tonight) because I really liked it but didn't love it...so curious how WOM is going to be. Seems really solid so far. I really want to watch this movie for what it is and not what I expected it to be.

Edited by somebody85