CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

6 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

We all love the "slowed down creepy versions of pop songs" trend in movies, and last night I saw a preview that used a slowed down creepy version of fucking 50 Cent's In Da Club. I busted out laughing. That had to be a parody, right?

You aren't supposed to take Happy Death Day serious. If it's done right, that looks like a lot of fun. Similar to Final Destination style fun horror.

8 minutes ago, Tauren Warlock said:

Can IT outgross The Sixth Sense to become the highest grossing horror film domestically?

with a 95 ow it would need 3.08x. 

annabelle2 will do about 2.8x as a spin-off sequel. conjuring1 did 3.26x as an original. if IT can land in the middle of those two legs-wise, it's possible.

biggest ODs this year

63.8 batb

56.1 gotg2

50.8 smh

45.7 f8

38.2 wondr

so IT looking to take #4 or #5*. thor3, JL, sw8 will push it down eventually.

edit: *or even #3

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Wow, that's a huge preview number (not surprised though, my 5.1 Dolby showing was packed). I wonder if that was just a mad rush to see this (like the Harry Potter movies) or if this is going to pull a Deadpool and be big all weekend. Huge OW very likely though.

Even with the Hurricane aiming at us, I'm probably going to go see it again (possibly tonight) so curious how WOM is going to be. Seems really solid so far. I really want to watch this movie for what it is and not what I expected it to be.

I might be alone here but I think tomorrow will likely be up from true Friday because of the pull through demand from sellouts, relatively high repeat watchers due to group outings, and mainly due to a high number of people who normally avoid movies like this being convinced to come by friends who rave about it from Thursday/Friday.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Wow, that's a huge preview number (not surprised though, my 5.1 Dolby showing was packed). I wonder if this is going to behave like the Harry Potter movies and be massively front loaded or if this is going to pull a Deadpool and be big all weekend. Huge OW very likely though.

Even with the Hurricane aiming at us, I'm probably going to go see it again (possibly tonight) because I really liked it but didn't love it...so curious how WOM is going to be. Seems really solid so far. I really want to watch this movie for what it is and not what I expected it to be.

You keep on hyping up Dolby 5.1 like it's so unique, but literally every non-drive in theater has it :lol: 

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

WB produced a stage play based on Misery with Bruce Willis and Laurie Metcalfe which got mixed reviews. I'm surprised Dr Death hasn't been optioned or in development. 

And Willis got a lot of flack for his unprofessional stage manner as usual too, so yeah I don't 

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Maybe Children of the Corn?

They've remade Children of the Corn & there have been a bazillion straight to video sequels, because of that I can actually see someone trying to do another update / remake of that story again.

Edited by Fancyarcher

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

You keep on hyping up Dolby 5.1 like it's so unique, but literally every non-drive in theater has it :lol: 

Do they? Damn Tampa is late with everything. It was recently added here. Like the actual Dolby 5.1 theater surrounded by those black and red speakers? The sound is awesome in that theater. Shakes in areas.

5 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

I might be alone here but I think tomorrow will likely be up from true Friday because of the pull through demand from sellouts, relatively high repeat watchers due to group outings, and mainly due to a high number of people who normally avoid movies like this being convinced to come by friends who rave about it from Thursday/Friday.  

Yeah, I'm curious to see where this goes from here!

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

Do they? Damn Tampa is late with everything. It was recently added here. Like the actual Dolby 5.1 theater surrounded by those black and red speakers? The sound is awesome in that theater. Shakes in areas.

Yeah, I'm curious to see where this goes from here!

You're probably confusing it with Dolby Cinema and Atmos; that's much more unique and only got introduced recently.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

You're probably confusing it with Dolby Cinema and Atmos; that's much more unique and only got introduced recently.

Yeah it's Dolby Cinema. The huge black box theater. They just call it 5.1 on Fandango? It's more expensive (near IMAX prices) so I think it's that? Sorry

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Remake Maximum Overdrive! That one could actually work with today's modern technology.

They actually did remake Maximum Overdrive, or they adapted the short story it was based off for a TV film called Trucks. I haven't seen it, but I've heard it's usually listed among the worst King adaptations, which means it's probably awful. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Even when he tries to do stage, he has to go & be lazy. I can see why the production got mixed reviews. 

Laurie Metcalf was apparently great in Misery but she's top notch in everything she does not to mention a seasoned stage actor. Lady Bird which she's starring in looks very promising. 

Edited by Jonwo

7 hours ago, Rumpot said:

Why would some people watching a football game from 1pm to 4pm Sunday effect this movie much?  I think the group of people who watch 9 hours of football Sunday AND would watch the movie, but don't go Saturday instead is tiny. 

Because Sunday Night Football and the afternoon prime time games usually feature big cities.

• Like 1